Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

“Our Yorkshire Farm” this evening.

(15 Posts)
Grannynannywanny Tue 10-Nov-20 10:59:48

For any fans of this programme ( I love it ) you might be interested to know there’s an episode tonight at 9pm.
5 Years of the Owens Family. I’m looking forward to seeing it as I have only been watching it for the past year.

MrsThreadgoode Tue 10-Nov-20 11:01:54

We binge watched the other series during the first lockdown, enjoyed them so much, looking forward to tonight’s too.

travelsafar Tue 10-Nov-20 11:02:01

I will defo be in Yorkshire this evening!!! lol. I always watch the Yorkshire Vet too.smile

Oopsminty Tue 10-Nov-20 11:02:25

Fabulous programme

Thanks for the reminder smile

AllotmentLil Tue 10-Nov-20 13:27:38

I recommend the books too, they cheered me up during lockdown. (I’m in Scotland and we’re not in lockdown again (yet), sorry if you are ...)

Puzzler61 Tue 10-Nov-20 13:52:28

Thank you, it’s always a tonic to watch how the Owens family are doing. I’ve just scheduled it to record. ?

Grannynannywanny Tue 10-Nov-20 23:10:22

I really enjoyed that as anything more than 2 years old I hadn’t seen before. Such a lovely family. The oldest boy Reuben and his little brother Sid have a lovely relationship. Little Clemmie is the star of the show.
Their children are a credit to them.

I hope there will be a new series soon.

Kate1949 Tue 10-Nov-20 23:26:41

Wonderful. Amanda was a presenter on Summer on the Farm tonight with Alan Titchmarsh too!

MellowYellow Tue 10-Nov-20 23:33:38

That was a lovely programme. Thanks for the reminder, I'd have missed it otherwise. wink

Lexisgranny Tue 10-Nov-20 23:33:42

What a wonderful life those children have, they are so happy in a world far away from the material things that are so tempting for so many children. I love the way they look out for each other and the way that they are learning so many life skills without even realising it.

I wish the whole family well and hope that the children always experience the same contentment that they are enjoying now.

travelsafar Wed 11-Nov-20 11:59:41

I really enjoyed last night's show. Rueben and Sid are a joy to behold and Little Clemmy, especially when she was rounding up the sheep, i couldn't help laughing when she swore. I hope there will be more episodes to follow.

Willow500 Wed 11-Nov-20 13:43:45

We recorded last night's episode as we've followed the family throughout all the series. Such a wonderful upbringing for the children who all seem so thoughtful and well mannered and Amanda and Clive are brilliant parents instilling such a great work ethic in them.

Curlywhirly Wed 11-Nov-20 14:22:25

Love the programme, such a lovely family. Amanda amazes me - nothing seems to bother her and when she told us that she gave birth to her 8th(?) child at her fireside in the middle of the night on her own (and I mean on her own, she didn't even wake up her husband who was upstairs asleep with the rest of the family!) I was gobsmacked! I admire her strength, I'm a right wuss, what a woman!

Anniezee Thu 12-Nov-20 11:29:12

I have been an avid watcher of this series and have read all Amanda Owen's books. I have huge admiration with the way Amanda and Clive are teaching their children about the realities of life (and death).

lemsip Mon 23-Nov-20 22:51:38

I am watching this on 'catch up' now! What exceptional parents for giving their children such an education about everything in life!...