Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

I’m a Celebrity....my guilty pleasure!

(191 Posts)
Sophiasnana Mon 16-Nov-20 10:38:05

Anyone else watching the above? I know its trash tv, but I look forward to it every year. My husband cant bear to be in the same room while I’m watching it!

Ellianne Mon 16-Nov-20 13:09:41

Can I ask, where do they get all the bugs from and the number of snakes? Is there a company here that sells them, maybe for zoos and animal parks?

tanith Mon 16-Nov-20 13:26:22

Sophiasnana ((hugs))

Ramblingrose22 Mon 16-Nov-20 13:35:28

I've never watched it - doesn't appeal to me.

I dislike being near nasty bugs or having even one crawling over me and am indifferent to snakes. I couldn't care less who wins either.

If I am missing something feel free to let me know, including why it's entertaining.

Jane10 Mon 16-Nov-20 15:51:50

I've already said why I like this programme.

LadyGracie Mon 16-Nov-20 16:05:20

I love this programme, I watch it every year, it’s a bit of light hearted fun to watch especially as the nights are drawing in.

DH doesn’t enjoy it but knows I won’t miss a programme, he tends to sit in an armchair as opposed to the settee we usually share as I tend to get rather excited.

Ellianne Mon 16-Nov-20 16:09:23

If I am missing something feel free to let me know, including why it's entertaining.
Ant and Dec are funny. Holly was ok as a stand in last year but it was more about what she was wearing than the entertaining repartee between the lads.

Ngaio1 Mon 16-Nov-20 17:43:05

I watched last night and shall probably continue. Intrigued as to how much surgery the Coronation Street woman has had done. She and Carol Vorderman would be a great double act!

Sophiasnana Mon 16-Nov-20 22:00:08

Ngaiol, I agree. Beverley Callard looks dreadful. She looks as if her whole face is frozen. What possesses women to want to look like that! Just watched the second one, and must admit, I’m not enjoying it as much as usual. On a dark november night I usually enjoy watching them sitting in their bikinis in the sunny jungle, but its just all a bit dark, dismal and depressing this year

MissAdventure Mon 16-Nov-20 22:07:05

"Happy place, happy place!"

Ellianne Mon 16-Nov-20 22:14:20

I don't think the "happy face" lad was faking it. He looked absolutely terrified.
Alfie was kind to him.

Grannynannywanny Mon 16-Nov-20 22:14:41

I watch it every year and always enjoy it. Interesting to see how it’ll work in the cold castle setting rather than the jungle.

One minor annoyance, I wish they’d all stop saying “you’ve got this”

Ellianne Mon 16-Nov-20 22:14:59

Alfie? Shane! Grrr.

crazyH Mon 16-Nov-20 22:16:22

I love it -
I agree. Beverley Callard and Carol V probably had the same plastic surgeon. Their cheeks look like red ?- I'm probably jealous because I can't afford to have a cheek-lift.......

Jane10 Mon 16-Nov-20 22:22:35

Well Jordan was very brave indeed. That's real bravery - to be so absolutely petrified but doing it anyway.
Shame about the meal their hard earned stars gained for them.

tanith Mon 16-Nov-20 22:26:20

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone so absolutely terrified well done Shane for getting him through.

Kittye Mon 16-Nov-20 22:43:51

Why would anyone so absolutely terrified of things go on a show like this? He must have known what he was up against, the show’s been going for years ?

MissAdventure Mon 16-Nov-20 22:50:19

I wouldn't even have been able to eat their prize meal, let alone all the other things.

Marilla Mon 16-Nov-20 23:07:23

I watched it for the first time this evening. Yes, it’s a bit trashy, but during these times it was pure escapism. A bit of innocent fun. My normal listening and viewing seems a bit dreary these days, especially Radio 4.

rafichagran Tue 17-Nov-20 20:47:56

Love this programme. I really felt for Jordan. I agree Shane was very kind.

hulahoop Tue 17-Nov-20 21:00:03

Never watch it but I know lots of people do . There will be programs I enjoy that others don't ,each to their own.

Feelingmyage55 Tue 17-Nov-20 21:01:57

Watching for the first time in many years, partly because of the current situation but also because it is in a fresh setting and therefore has an injection of newness about it. I’ve recorded it to watch while tidying drawers and whizz through the insects etc. I, like Jane10 am intrigued by the relationships that develop.

Ellianne Tue 17-Nov-20 22:20:34

Your last sentence Feelingmyage55 ......... Bev and Jordan! Lovely moment.

Galaxy Tue 17-Nov-20 22:22:39

I am quite liking bev.
But why are they bringing in two people no one has heard of. Usually the last two are well known or controversial.

Ellianne Tue 17-Nov-20 22:27:38

I've heard of the singer Russell Watson. I think he had a brain tumour and nearly died? Never heard of the other person. She might not last long because Bev has established herself as the matriarch.

Hetty58 Tue 17-Nov-20 22:28:42

Ramblingrose, your comment reminded me of Margot in The Good Life ('Why is it funny?'):

'If I am missing something feel free to let me know, including why it's entertaining.

I find it a laugh, along with Gogglebox. Laughter is very good for you.