Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

I’m a Celebrity....my guilty pleasure!

(191 Posts)
Sophiasnana Mon 16-Nov-20 10:38:05

Anyone else watching the above? I know its trash tv, but I look forward to it every year. My husband cant bear to be in the same room while I’m watching it!

Jane10 Mon 23-Nov-20 08:38:50

They certainly are all a bit over excited. Maybe dynamics will alter as people begin to be voted out?
I'm liking the castle setting more than I thought I would.

Grannynannywanny Mon 23-Nov-20 08:54:30

I feel for Mo, he appears a little out of his depth. He’s very pleasant and friendly but appears quite shy. I hope his confidence picks up.

I’ve never been a fan of Shane. His over embellished stories that he’s been dining out on for years are boring the pants of everyone. I’m glad he wasn’t voted camp leader.

Puzzler61 Mon 23-Nov-20 09:02:19

I’m waiting for Russell to sing. His voice is awesome and the acoustics in the castle will be superb.
Jordan all the way for me.

Puzzler61 Mon 23-Nov-20 09:05:30

The castle will be a very popular attraction after this series.
From the overhead shots it looks exquisite!

lemsip Mon 23-Nov-20 09:13:40

Surely NO one believes these celebs would take part if they didn't need the money! Of course they need the money!! Not a lot else going on for them at the moment due to lockdown!

Anniebach Mon 23-Nov-20 09:58:50

Mo isn’t a celebrity, he doesn’t do - tv, radio, stage , not a sportsman who was part of a team.

DanniRae Mon 23-Nov-20 12:27:28

I am loving the way they are all getting on.......I hope it lasts. grin

lemsip Mon 23-Nov-20 13:24:36

I think nearly everyone has heard about Mo!

Ngaio1 Mon 23-Nov-20 20:39:27

I can watch the trials without feeling queasy but the (non existent) table manners last night were stomach turning. Shane held his knife and fork as if they were daggers, someone else was jabbing with his fork to make a point. A>J> was using his fork like a digger truck and the dj chap was pouring gravy onto a spoon and eating it. Mo was the only one who seemed to know how to use his irons. What a terrible example to young people who may b e watching.

Ellianne Sat 28-Nov-20 08:58:40

I was sad for Hollie to leave last night but I guess she wasn't memorable as having much to say. I was hoping they would choose Ruthie.

Susan56 Sat 28-Nov-20 09:22:59

We felt exactly the same Ellianne.

Lucretzia Sat 28-Nov-20 09:28:16

DanniRae

I am loving the way they are all getting on.......I hope it lasts. grin

I wish there was more angst!

All the lurve and talk of journeys.

It's like The Waltons.

Jane10 Sat 28-Nov-20 09:54:52

I agree. They are a right boring shower of luvvies! No wonder Shane keeps being voted to do the trials. At least he's entertaining.

Sophiasnana Sat 28-Nov-20 09:56:36

I agree, just cant warm to Ruthie for some reason. Loved Russells singing. It brought a tear to my eye. This is definitely the happiest bunch of campers we’ve ever had....maybe because theyre sleeping on proper camp beds, inside a castle, with hot showers and eating fillet of venison!

timetogo2016 Sat 28-Nov-20 10:57:53

Same here Hetty58.
They get well paid for it though.

Roses Sat 28-Nov-20 11:19:28

I don't think that Shane is as nice as he would like you to believe, there is definitely friction between him and AJ

Buffybee Sat 28-Nov-20 11:24:09

Any and Dec are so funny and love how hysterically they laugh at the trials.
Jordan is very sweet and I like most of the camp mates, except for Ruthie and I can’t stand Shane Richie, his nasty side has shown a couple of times.
Not the happy chappie he tries to portray and I don’t think being in this show has done him any favours.

Buffybee Sat 28-Nov-20 11:25:36

I agree Roses!

DanniRae Sat 28-Nov-20 11:35:33

I also don't think Shane is a very nice person - he plays tricks on people that are only funny to him. Of course they laugh along too but sometimes I can see that they are a bit upset. I think AJ can see this other side of him - he better not take on AJ because I think he is popular with the public because of "Strictly".
Jordan to win I think smile

Anniebach Sat 28-Nov-20 11:40:07

Not Ruthie for me, I dislike Shane Richie, his nasty side is bubbling behind his act, not Beverly please.

I think it is ‘a journey ‘ for Victoria, years in tv current affairs,
recently breast cancer , then axed from her BBC tv programme.

I like Jordon and Giovanna and Mo is sweet

Jane10 Sat 28-Nov-20 12:07:37

As usual it's all in the editing. They are recoded 24 hours a day and we only see snippets. I suspect that they highlight Shane's jokes etc because all the others are so painfully sweet! In previous series conflict has led to much greater viewer involvement (leading to greater revenue for the TV company). If they can spark off an argument its to their benefit. AJ making a better job of cleaning the pots isn't exactly exciting! At least Shane's not boring. All the others are. I like Jordan. He seems an innocent at large.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 28-Nov-20 12:39:17

Jordan or Giovanni to win would please me.
Shane is letting his guard down now, cheeky showbiz chappies are seldom nice and cheerful in real life.

Grannynannywanny Sat 28-Nov-20 13:08:11

The bookies tipped Shane to win even before the series started. I hope they’re wrong. He’s cocky enough to think it’s a done deal.

It brought it home last night how much the show has had to be scaled back this year. No waiting relatives back at the Versace hotel, no breakfast buffet, no spa bath. I wonder if poor Hollie was dropped off at the nearest Travelodge for the night?

Jane10 Sat 28-Nov-20 13:40:18

Somehow I don't think Shane will win. I wonder if there will be a coming out show this year? There must be a big hotel locally - doubt it'll be like the Versace one though. I wonder if all the friends and families are being accommodated too. No expensive flights to Oz to pay for.

Anniebach Sat 28-Nov-20 13:47:30

I think Shane will win, we will see even more of him each day,
wonder why he agreed to this series when he has turned down
previous series ! ! ! !