Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

I’m a Celebrity....my guilty pleasure!

(191 Posts)
Sophiasnana Mon 16-Nov-20 10:38:05

Anyone else watching the above? I know its trash tv, but I look forward to it every year. My husband cant bear to be in the same room while I’m watching it!

Grannynannywanny Tue 01-Dec-20 12:47:39

I wonder what form of heat they have? I know they have warm jackets etc but there still must be some form of heating. Otherwise, they’d all be shivering and complaining and unable to endure it day and night.

I saw Vernon walk across the floor barefoot in one episode. That stone floor would be icy cold in winter. Made me wonder if they had built a fake floor and installed under floor heating!

I’m putting way too much thought into it, I clearly need to get out more!

Jane10 Tue 01-Dec-20 13:34:07

Also their clothes get covered in fish guts and gunk yet somehow a quick dip in a bucket cleans them perfectly! I doubt that shower arrangement cleans them off very well. How can they get all those bugs out of their hair too? I suspect there's a nice heated recovery area after each trial where they get cleaned off.

Grannynannywanny Tue 01-Dec-20 13:46:14

Jane10 our suspicious minds think alike. Poor Russell was covered from head to toe in gunk when he chatted with Ant and Dec after his trial last night. By the time he reached his campmates he looked clean and his hair was back to normal.

grannyrebel7 Tue 01-Dec-20 13:47:14

I love it and have watched every series! Ant and Dec are hilarious. There hasn't been any arguments amongst the celebs this year which is strange. They've all got on so well with each other. It's been lovely. Think it finishes on Friday. My money's on Giovanna to win!

Jane10 Tue 01-Dec-20 14:35:57

Oh no. Jordan for me or even Russell. He seems such a nice down to earth type. Not what I'd have expected of an opera singer at all.
Ant and Dec are cheeky wee monkeys same as ever. I just love them.

Ellianne Fri 04-Dec-20 13:33:39

I think some of us got our wish with Shane leaving last night.
That cyclone trial outside the castle was good, they looked freezing!
Maybe still Jordan to win for me, though I was struck how many of those coming out recently have said what a great person Gi is.

Puzzler61 Fri 04-Dec-20 13:38:27

It was exciting to watch the cyclone challenge Ellianne.
I think G went in as a nice person so will come out as one.
I back Jordan to win as he went in, as his brother said “afraid of his own shadow” and has grown in confidence and has been entertaining to watch.

Grannynannywanny Fri 04-Dec-20 13:44:50

I really thought Shane would be there till the final and possibly win it. I wasn’t disappointed to see him out last night.

I think it’ll be neck and neck to the end between Gi and Jordan. The remaining 3 are worthy winners but I think Jordan might just do it.

The cyclone trial was good fun last night. They all did really well.

Anniebach Fri 04-Dec-20 14:15:01

Supported Jordon from day 1 , like Gi too, glad Shane went out, unkind, but I didn’t like him,

Jane10 Fri 04-Dec-20 14:19:45

I still hope Jordan wins. Can't understand why that soppy G person is still in. DD says its because she's a big media 'influencer' with millions of followers. It's a different world!

Kate1949 Fri 04-Dec-20 14:30:54

I hope Jordan wins, especially when I heard that he had been a 'rock' for his family some years ago when his young brother had cancer. He has never mentioned it and could have gone for sympathy votes.
I suspect Gi will win as she has all those followers and her husband is in McFly and probably has thousands of fans voting.

Ellianne Fri 04-Dec-20 14:34:15

Oh yes, didn't Harry McFly win Strictly a few years ago?
That's strange with the Vernon/Tess connection!

Kate1949 Fri 04-Dec-20 14:37:18

I think he did Elliane

GrannyGravy13 Fri 04-Dec-20 14:50:38

Harry Jude won Strictly in 2011 and he is in McFly with Giovanni’s husband Tom Fletcher.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 04-Dec-20 14:52:19

Not sure about Giovanni being an influencer but she is an author, podcaster and has a tv series to do with babies.

DanniRae Fri 04-Dec-20 14:59:57

I was glad Shane went!
I want Jordan to win and Vernon to come 2nd. I only quite like Giovanni and can't stand her stupid thumb to nose wave. It's obviously her 'thing' but it's not my 'thing' so stop it, please!

Jane10 Fri 04-Dec-20 15:14:42

GrannyGravy13 she is what is called an 'influencer' these days and no doubt makes a packet from it. Not a career option even imagined in my day!

Beauregard Fri 04-Dec-20 15:59:04

All of them would be worthy winners and I'll be happy whoever wins, but for me Vernon just edges it. He's probably the underdog though as most people seen to want Jordan and Gi.

Jane10 Fri 04-Dec-20 16:23:16

Vernon is very nice too. No problem for me if he wins but somehow he seems more grown up than Jordan!

monk08 Fri 04-Dec-20 20:34:57

Another one glad Shane went. Don't mind who wins but think Jordan will just edge it.

Jane10 Fri 04-Dec-20 21:43:26

It would have been very boring without Shane. All the camp mates seem to have liked him and they're with him 24/7

Jane10 Fri 04-Dec-20 22:24:23

So many ad breaks tonight!

lemsip Fri 04-Dec-20 22:33:16

well I don't think 'Gi' should have won!

Ellianne Fri 04-Dec-20 22:34:54

I'm a bit surprised Jordan didn't win.
Gi must have a big following. It's all the online people who vote.

merlotgran Fri 04-Dec-20 22:38:27

I'm really pleased. I think she's lovely.