Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Yorkshire Vet

(10 Posts)
MawBe Wed 09-Dec-20 16:56:14

Anybody else enjoying this?
Lovely scenery, heartwarming stories and the nicest vets imaginable.
The perfect winter afternoon’s feel-good TV.

sodapop Wed 09-Dec-20 17:22:00

I've been following this programme as well. Peter Wright is a great character. It's interesting to note how the veterinary practice is evolving since the programme began. The original practice is now only a small animal practice. The all singing and dancing practice in Huddersfield has taken over with farm animals. I think this is the way things are going in the veterinary world now.

Suki70 Wed 09-Dec-20 22:59:04

We enjoy this programme too. Peter Wright is a delightful man, so kind and friendly, with people as well as the animals.
Julian is lovely too. Two men who are in exactly the right jobs.

WOODMOUSE49 Wed 09-Dec-20 23:13:47

My daughter told me about this programme and I'm now well and truly hooked. Thank goodness for iplayer.

She is taking my granddaughter up to the Nidderdale farm as a 16th birthday treat. They are 'walking with the alpacas'.

Callistemon Wed 09-Dec-20 23:20:15

Yes, we're enjoying it too.

Gwyneth Wed 09-Dec-20 23:28:31

Never miss it the highlight of my week. Such a shame the original practice is only small animal now. Wonder what the original James Herriot would have thought? Looking forward to the Christmas addition of All Creatures too.

merlotgran Wed 09-Dec-20 23:33:26

I didn't realise it's on in the afternoons. I've been watching it for years on Channel 5

Loislovesstewie Thu 10-Dec-20 05:59:51

I love this programme, Peter and Julian are such lovely men. The cases are interesting and, the scenery lovely, the human customers real characters. Mr and Mrs Green anyone?
An all round excellent programme.

Floradora9 Thu 10-Dec-20 21:56:06

I loved the story of a little girl who thought Mrs. Green was Peter's mother because she always calls him " son ". We enjoyed going to the Herriot Exhibition place a couple of years back . Would love to go again.

Jaberwok Thu 10-Dec-20 22:23:19

It's a lovely programme with lovely people. Really lifts your spirits.