Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Steve McQueens ...Education

(5 Posts)
BlueBelle Mon 14-Dec-20 04:59:22

Did anyone watch this last night ?
I thought it was so well done and the acting was some of the most realistic I ve seen in a long time The little boy Kingsley played a wonderful part and had me in tears
Such a great portrayal of life, and so recently, we have so much to be ashamed of. It’s necessary for people to have an insight into things they have probably never thought about or known

BlueBelle Mon 14-Dec-20 09:20:12

Really surprised no one is watching these productions

Alegrias2 Mon 14-Dec-20 09:26:53

I've been watching them Bluebelle. Haven't seen last night's yet, I'll be watching it on iPlayer.

I think they have all been excellent, the one about the New Cross massacre and the aftermath was very good, but they have all opened my eyes to lots of issues.

petra Mon 14-Dec-20 09:39:56

BlueBelle
I've watched them all. Last nights was particularly upsetting as it hit me like a sledge hammer that it was happening all around me. My roots are in south London.

BlueBelle Mon 14-Dec-20 10:02:04

Petra alegrias I married in the period of ‘ no blacks, no Irish, no dogs’ on signs for houses to let I m glad I lived outside the cities although it was still very much there but not to the same intensity I think my children had some incidences, but nothing like that little lad I certainly had a lot of stick in the first few years
That little lad had me in tears that so few people would know or be interested in this subject if it didn’t effect them