Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Christmas Bargain Hunt

(7 Posts)
tattynan Thu 17-Dec-20 12:52:59

Is it me or do they keep showing the same items on these compilation shows?

tanith Thu 17-Dec-20 13:10:20

No it’s not you, they shuffle things around on lots of repeat shows till you’re really not sure if you’ve seen episodes or not. It’s annoying when you start watching then realise you’ve seen bits before.

Callistemon Thu 17-Dec-20 13:15:49

And why call it Bargain Hunt - I admit to only watching it rarely but they always seem to lose money or make very little!

lemongrove Thu 17-Dec-20 13:20:45

Am getting quite good now as valuations, often shout ‘don’t buy it! At them, not that they take any notice, but when they get to auction I feel a bit smug when it bombs.?
Yes, they show the same things time and time again on BH.

Cabbie21 Thu 17-Dec-20 14:12:51

I think they have made the best of a bad time, having been unable to make many new ones this year. The themed compilations have been well put together. Yes, I have seen most of them before, but there are quite a lot of interesting bits of information between the takes.
I do get fed up with contestants whose sole aim seems to be to be seen on TV and have no interest in antiques. Sometimes they don’t even buy to win, as they only buy what they personally like, which is hardly the point.

sodapop Thu 17-Dec-20 16:48:50

Is there a single day of the week when this crap programme is not on. It is well past its sell by date now so tiresome.

ginny Thu 17-Dec-20 17:12:15

I don’t watch it anymore because it winds me up. They always seem to get about a third knocked off the price when they are buying which I’m pretty sure doesn’t happen normally.