Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Idris Elba meets Paul McCartney

(17 Posts)
Kate1949 Sun 20-Dec-20 12:58:16

Did anyone see this last night? I love anything to do with the Beatles so I turned in. It was rather nice. Just the two of them chatting. Paul looks amazing for 78.

merlotgran Sun 20-Dec-20 13:00:18

We enjoyed it as well. Just chatting and no intrusive questioning.

Kate1949 Sun 20-Dec-20 13:02:04

Yes very relaxed merlot

paddyanne Sun 20-Dec-20 13:20:35

came across it by accident and really enjoyed it .idris Elba was a very relaxed interviewer ,would like to see if he's the same with other personalities.A wee series would be good .

quizqueen Sun 20-Dec-20 13:33:00

I wish someone would tell Paul that he can't sing anymore. He was always my favourite Beatle but his voice was never that great and, with age, is really dire now. He does still have a bit of that baby face look though.

If you want to see a really good and unusual film please watch Yesterday; it's on Sky at the moment.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 20-Dec-20 13:36:23

Idris is pretty cool in my book

kittylester Sun 20-Dec-20 14:25:55

Got it recorded and really looking forward to it.

We saw Yesterday at the cinema and will certainly watch it again. It was daft but lovely - with great music!

Kate1949 Sun 20-Dec-20 14:46:34

We saw Yesterday at the cinema. I loved it. The Beatles can do no wrong for me. If people are still paying to see Paul (and they are) I see no harm in him carrying on.

Liz46 Sun 20-Dec-20 14:59:06

Whitewavemark2

Idris is pretty cool in my book

Yes, very easy on the eye!

Nortsat Sun 20-Dec-20 15:09:40

I really enjoyed it.

Cringed a bit when Idris got his guitar out.

I am a Beatles fan of long standing and my sister had all their LPs when I was a child. But I didn’t know the story behind ‘Blackbird’, that was good to hear.
And the anecdote about the segregated audience ... ???

Fennel Sun 20-Dec-20 16:50:31

I've just watched it - thanks so much for the reminder.
It was lovely, so many happy memories, and thankyou for the music!

glammanana Sun 20-Dec-20 17:41:32

I'm going to settle down and watch it tomorrow on catch up.Anything to do with The Beatles is fine by me takes me back to my Cavern days where we used to go and see them when they first started playing there.

EllanVannin Sun 20-Dec-20 18:08:30

Glam, I remember them as the Quarrymen in 1956 I think it was. I used to sneak on the Crosville bus at weekends from where I lived. Parents would have gone mad if they'd known I was in Liverpool ( I was at a friend's--koff )

EllanVannin Sun 20-Dec-20 18:10:56

I remember our lovely Cilla in the cloakroom too, aw.

Treebee Sun 20-Dec-20 20:54:28

It was an interesting relaxed interview. If Idris is a friend of Stella they may have met before, which would have helped their rapport.
Paul was and is my favourite musician. His voice has changed, but whose doesn’t as they age. I love that he’s continued to write and perform. He usually tours this time of year and must be missing it.

fevertree Sun 20-Dec-20 21:53:41

I enjoyed the interview too.

I always find it slightly odd that his son is never mentioned when he talks about his children. It's always all about the girls.

I suppose it could be that his son has asked to be kept out of the limelight ... I think his name is James. It can't be easy having such a very famous dad.

Kate1949 Sun 20-Dec-20 22:16:40

His son is a musician fevertree. It must be difficult as you say.