Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Oh the unbearable noise!!

(4 Posts)
Rosina Mon 21-Dec-20 22:51:18

I have just watched Tracy Borman's excellent documentary about the last days of Anne Boleyn. The enjoyment was spoiled by the ridiculously intrusive 'music'. The long drawn out screeching of strings, drum thumping and other sinister noises that became louder as the drama increased, a practice we have all grown used to, in this programme was above and beyond anything previously endured for the sake of watching a documentary. I had to keep lowering the volume, and an ancient Tudor door was slammed for effect about twenty times in the one episode - ludicrous! Yes, there is much to be fraught about currently and this is not really worthy of a whinge, but a well researched and interesting programme with a novel approach - following the arrest, trial and execution of the Queen almost in her footsteps - could have been so much better without the pointless racket.

BlueBelle Mon 21-Dec-20 23:49:01

I didn’t notice it shows how unobservant I am
I enjoyed the docu

Kinsi10 Sat 26-Dec-20 11:45:52

I loved the programme. Can't say I noticed the noise either.

eazybee Sat 26-Dec-20 12:42:14

Oh how I agree with you!
The constant doom-laden music, the endless procession through places that didn't exist in the Tower during Anne Boleyn's time, and that heavy wooden door being slammed repeatedly, all detracting from a sobering account of her last few weeks of life, (but one already researched exhaustively by Alison Weir in The Lady in the Tower ).