Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Nine Lives of Ozzy Osborne

(12 Posts)
Artaylar Thu 31-Dec-20 17:34:46

Anyone catch this on BBC 2 last night?

I was quite a fan of Black Sabbath as a teenager back in the 70's and had forgotten how much I loved the track 'Black Sabbath' from their debut album. Such wonderfully gothic over the top black drama. I've been having fun on You Tube today with revisting Black Sabbath's music. Almost got the air guitar out.

Interesting how perceptions of Ozzy have changed with The Times now referring to him being 'it hard not to love your eccentric Uncle Ozzy'

Great programme last night of a much loved husband, father and man. Quite a few laugh out loud moments, though I had a tear or two in my ear towards the end too.

merlotgran Thu 31-Dec-20 17:39:16

We watched it.

I'm afraid I've have kicked him into touch.

Kate1949 Thu 31-Dec-20 18:27:58

Not my cup of tea. I couldn't name a Black Sabbath song. My sister went out with Ozzy's brother who was lovely.

BlueBelle Thu 31-Dec-20 18:56:53

Can’t stand him I m afraid, so wouldn’t want to watch it

Lucretzia Thu 31-Dec-20 18:59:27

I like him.

Thanks for the heads up, Artaylar

I'll put it on my to watch list.

Artaylar Fri 01-Jan-21 16:07:42

You are very welcome Lucretzia, if you like Ozzy I'm sure you'll find plenty about it to enjoy. He's a (far from neutral) character to be sure. Here's a link to the relevant BBC iplayer page
www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000qsp6/the-nine-lives-of-ozzy-osbourne

God only knows how he's survived this long, though the world would be a less colourful place without him.

Kandinsky Fri 01-Jan-21 16:42:53

Amazing how some of these heavy drinking, drug taking, rock stars are still alive.
I worry if I have a spoon of sugar in my tea.

Will watch though as love the song ‘Paranoid’

Kate1949 Fri 01-Jan-21 19:20:21

I agree Kandinsky . Having read Keith Richards' autobiography, I have no idea how he is still alive.

harrigran Fri 01-Jan-21 19:41:46

I watched the programme and there were no surprises, Ozzy has been part of our lives since both DC got into heavy metal as teenagers.
I won tickets for Donington the year Ozzy was headlining and we took DD and her boyfriend to the concert.

MayBee70 Fri 01-Jan-21 23:34:26

Kate1949

I agree Kandinsky . Having read Keith Richards' autobiography, I have no idea how he is still alive.

I agree. What a genuinely nice person Keith is, though. Good read, that. Watching the programme about Leonard Cohen the other night made me think about how many heavy drug users seemed to live to a ripe old age. I have an old compilation LP called Fill Your Head with Rock that featured Black Sabbaths ‘Come to the Sabat. They were proper goths back then.

Lucretzia Fri 01-Jan-21 23:36:23

Many thanks for the link, Artayla!

Kate1949 Fri 01-Jan-21 23:44:05

I agree Maybee that Keith comes across as a nice, fair person.