Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Holby.....When will the psycho be found out?

(102 Posts)
Atqui Wed 13-Jan-21 14:57:15

I’m sure there was a tread about Holby since it’s return but I can’t find it. Anyway, is anyone else thinking it’s time to end the Cameron saga? How many more peoples lives will he end/damage?

BlueBelle Fri 19-Feb-21 15:54:51

Did Elliot have some heart trouble ?
I ll miss Jac I liked her
Dom gets on my nerves to be honest as does silly Sacha

Ngaio1 Fri 19-Feb-21 16:00:45

Please can they write out the new nurse with the dreadful (Scouse) dialect? Headache material.

maryrose54 Fri 19-Feb-21 16:16:41

The Cameron storyline is making me annoyed because I can't bear that he's not been found out yet. I really dislike him. Jac leaving was a surprise, I've always liked her. My favourite is Donna, she's been in the series for so long now.

harrysgran Sat 20-Feb-21 17:04:00

Totally agree the Cameron saga has gone on long enough I must admit I have watched it for years and do still enjoy it I remember my two daughters watching with my mam whenever they had a sleepover and now I watch it with my grandson when he stays over

Franbern Sat 20-Feb-21 17:53:40

Kim re Jac -from the media we are given to understand that it was the actors request to be written out. I am so pleased that they did not kill her off, so there is possibility of her coming back after she had some time away from this Soap.

Atqui Sat 20-Feb-21 17:58:04

I believe the actor who played Jac said she wanted to spend more time with her family .Its a pity the new consultant seems to be trying to emulate Jac’s acerbic way of speaking to junior staff. Sorry if I’m being naive , but why would Dom’s sexuality make having a stoma worse than for a straight person? It doesn’t interfere with orifices does it? ( sorry if that’s a TMI question.

Cass64 Sat 20-Feb-21 19:30:43

Atqui

I believe the actor who played Jac said she wanted to spend more time with her family .Its a pity the new consultant seems to be trying to emulate Jac’s acerbic way of speaking to junior staff. Sorry if I’m being naive , but why would Dom’s sexuality make having a stoma worse than for a straight person? It doesn’t interfere with orifices does it? ( sorry if that’s a TMI question.

Of course it depends on the severity of the surgery however in many cases the rectum is sewn shut therefore penetrative anal sex is not possible there is also the possibility especially in traumatic surgery of damage to the nerves of the genitals making erection sometimes difficult or impossible to achieve.

sodapop Sat 20-Feb-21 20:11:39

Well we can always rely on GN for information. Thanks for that Cass64 of course poor Dom would think of all these worst case scenarios.
Sacha's grieving for Essie has had an awful lot of knock on effects.

Aveline Sat 20-Feb-21 20:20:56

Oh poor Dom. His mum will be devastated. I mean his adoptive one. She loves him.
I like Donna. She's been around a long time.

Atqui Sat 20-Feb-21 20:22:47

Ah Cass64 !I didn’t know that. Thanks for the info. As Sodapop says , GN is a mine of information. And there was I thinking … Perhaps I won’t go there .

LucyLocket55 Sat 20-Feb-21 20:55:43

I used to enjoy Holby, since the COVID break this new series is tedious and boring. The characters who used to be interesting are now just ridiculous and the story lines purple.

Jac used to be feisty and ended up whingey. Sasha was humane and had a heart, now his storyline is banal. Dom, well you wonder what the scriptwriters are going to inflict on him next. I just wish the scriptwriters would take a step back and take a good hard look at what they are doing and decide to either let Holby end or inject some real verve back into it.

LucyLocket55 Sat 20-Feb-21 20:56:30

‘Purple’ not purple - sorry

Nandalot Sat 20-Feb-21 21:25:32

Yes, Aveline, Dom’s adoptive mum will be devastated. I thought it was cruel of Ange not to let her know Dom was going into surgery. ( Yes, I know they are all actors!)

Atqui Sat 20-Feb-21 21:55:20

She tried to contact her but couldnt

Eloethan Sun 21-Feb-21 00:49:59

I love Holby City but I wouldn't want to be a patient there - it's an extremely hazardous place.

I find it very entertaining - and quite educational in terms of medical conditions and procedures - but it makes me laugh too.

Eloethan Sun 21-Feb-21 01:07:29

Bluebelle

Additions to your list:

Professor Gaskell faking lab results and killing colleague who discovers the deception
Sasha and his daughter poisoned by Jodie
Gunman terrorising a ward and shooting a prison officer

I think people have got so used to soaps being absolutely packed with drama and incident that the programmes now bear almost no resemblance to real life.

Atqui Sun 21-Feb-21 12:22:45

It would be very boring without the drama- we can watch a documentary if we want real life!!

Franbern Sun 21-Feb-21 12:50:48

I know many ostomists who have had a happy and successful sex life and given birth to their own babies. Of course, these have been involved in hetrosexual relationships.
Yes, it is the case that often the anus is sewn up - but I believe that is more for convenience for many of us - however, in Doms' case they would probably have tried not to do so.
The biggest change with this operation is 'body image'. and the fact that comedians so often think that an ostomy bag can be part of their 'jokes', in a way none would consider doing so with, say a breast removal.

Aveline Sun 21-Feb-21 13:53:59

It's good that so many manage to go on to have a happy and fulfilled life. However, this is Holby - nobody gets to have a happy life on that programme!

Blossoming Sun 21-Feb-21 14:27:18

The scripts may be getting worse but I think calling the writer a psycho is a bit harsh.

Kim19 Sun 21-Feb-21 14:39:05

Franbern, thanks. That's a relief. At least there's a chance of her coming back some day. I know it's all make believe but for some reason I've managed to let it hook me. Can't understand why her druggie buddy is still on the premises albeit strictly in an admin role.

LaRia44 Sun 21-Feb-21 14:44:59

Really, Jac has gone? I hope not for good, she is the only reason I’ve continued to watch Holby

Cameron and Sasha long past sell by date.
Thank goodness for Netflix and Prime Video during the pandemic.

LaRia44 Sun 21-Feb-21 14:45:36

Goodness, what happened there,

Atqui Wed 24-Feb-21 17:26:24

I was referring to Cam as a psycho, or did someone else say that about the scriptwriter.

eGJ Wed 24-Feb-21 18:49:10

Cam as a father.......that’s scary!