Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Holby.....When will the psycho be found out?

(102 Posts)
Atqui Wed 13-Jan-21 14:57:15

I’m sure there was a tread about Holby since it’s return but I can’t find it. Anyway, is anyone else thinking it’s time to end the Cameron saga? How many more peoples lives will he end/damage?

Aveline Mon 22-Mar-21 22:03:57

Ak eGJ- the Miss Marple of TV fans! Well spotted. I wouldn't have thought of doing that. Oh well maybe some new story lines. A love interest for Hanson!

eGJ Tue 23-Mar-21 21:01:30

A satisfactory episode? Justice? Ange recovering. Poor Dom! And poor Nicky!

BlueBelle Tue 23-Mar-21 21:15:43

Phew he’s gone, thank goodness hopefully the story
Ines might improve as will the death rate at the hospital
Not sure how Angus still alive but hey ho

BlueBelle Tue 23-Mar-21 21:16:23

Angi not Angus ???

Atqui Tue 23-Mar-21 22:53:04

Phew indeed ! I was worried he might throw himself out of the window and escape everyone’s wrath!

sodapop Wed 24-Mar-21 08:41:30

Yes I thought that as well Atqui maybe Holby can move forward now.
I also felt sorry for Dom and Nicky. ( I know its fictional )

ninathenana Wed 24-Mar-21 09:08:12

Good riddance Cam.

I find it far more unlikely Louis would have survived never mind Ange given the blood loss on the floor.
Poor Dom ? I want the smiley cheeky Dom back.
He was injured in a RTA the hospital saved his life, I don't understand the law suit ? This will be the next saga no doubt

Cabbie21 Wed 24-Mar-21 09:09:39

Glad he’s gone, but I felt it was a shame they made him look pathetic in the end instead of evil. Probably accurate, though.

FlexibleFriend Wed 24-Mar-21 09:13:32

The law suit is because he was on hospital property looking for Sasha's girlfriend who was on the rampage. I think he was driving Sasha's car at Sasha's request/demand. Not sure as I only half watch the programme.

Franbern Wed 24-Mar-21 09:31:44

I am so very, very pleased that this long over-drawnout story line has finally ended. Do still find the empty hospital scenes so strange!!!
I am really not sure of the grounds for Dom's lawsuit. His life was saved......okay radical surgery was required in order to do this, but surely, in an emergency situation that is not ground sfor a lawsuit. Ever since he found out about his adoption he has shown a very bitter side - ity used to like the old Dom.

Atqui Wed 24-Mar-21 10:27:11

I think he’s suing because Sasha insisted on getting him out of the car while he was impailed on something, instead of waiting for the fire brigade to cut him out , thinking that the damage to his internal organs was caused by this. When he was recovering he seemed surprised to learn of this, and became very angry.

sodapop Wed 24-Mar-21 12:49:06

That's right Atqui Hansen was advising against moving him but they went ahead. Also as Flexiblefriend said he was looking for Sacha's girlfriend who was having a mental health crisis.

Eloethan Thu 25-Mar-21 23:54:34

I have always liked Holby. I don't expect it to be a true-to-life representation of hospital life and accept that there has to be some dramatic licence.

However, there are now so many dramatic happenings and revelations each week that it is really getting rather silly.

Franbern Fri 26-Mar-21 09:24:54

Cannot see that it is any relevance to a court case as to who he was looking for at the time. He had not been forced to do this, was doing so of his own free will. Any major accident has a very small differentation with decisions the professionals take in the rescue. He could well have died, if he had waited in the car for the fire brigade, and even if got out alive, could well have suffered the same, or even worse, internal injuries. So, it will come down to a matter of opinion. Be nice to have some 'feel good' stories occasionally in Holby - seem to be in short supply these days.

Aveline Fri 26-Mar-21 11:37:30

Having worked in hospitals for years, I can never understand how everyone can always find a parking space right near the entrance!

Atqui Thu 15-Apr-21 21:40:33

Can anyone tell me what Sasha said/ did to help Dom win his case against the hospital please?

tanith Thu 15-Apr-21 22:10:24

He admitted that he maybe could of done things differently thus Dom may not of needed the stoma. The hospital settled at that point.

Grandmafrench Thu 15-Apr-21 22:20:09

I think - because I have largely not been very attentive as the storylines become more and more ridiculous - Sacha simply agreed when asked at a meeting with Hospital Board members etc., that he probably could have acted differently when he tried to save Dom. The Hospital then caved and later offered a figure (which Dom decided to accept) since Sacha wasn't interested in defending his actions.

I used to love Holby. But, IMO, I feel that it is now just a 'soap' and feels quite claustrophobic and repetitive : where too many of the same, main characters own problems become worse each episode, and which they are happy to play out even in front of the patients they are treating. Outside tensions, gossip and anger in the operating theatres, arguments at the bedsides, drugs, drinking, emotional problems, financial and relationship problems, mental breakdowns, so much instability and loss of concentration on a regular basis. Mobile 'phones reign supreme and the main characters just talk amongst themselves even when they are supposed to be desperately short-staffed. Definitely not much about the patients any more. Hospital? No, more and more like a drop-in centre! And on top of it all, it has become preachy and often allows a character to launch into a predictable and undignified anti-government rant about staff/money/hours/working practices or similar within the NHS - which often sounds contrived and at odds with any story.

Eloethan Fri 16-Apr-21 00:25:02

I agree Grandmafrench. There are so many dramatic scenarios going on now that it just seems like a hospital version of Eastenders. And I used to really like Holby.

kircubbin2000 Fri 16-Apr-21 07:32:19

They have really spoiled it by cramming in so many pc modern problems. Apart from the murderer and the ridiculous trans stabbing we had a paedo story, a druggy doc,drug mule patient,hostage of Angie,dishonest ceo. Are there no normal people in it?

Eloethan Fri 16-Apr-21 19:26:25

It's not a hospital you would want to end up in is it!

BlueBelle Tue 24-Aug-21 20:36:42

Well that was a rummen, Calum back ….oh my word

tanith Tue 24-Aug-21 21:00:31

It was a bit predictable but has he fled or is he out for revenge ?

sodapop Tue 24-Aug-21 21:20:15

No fun in normal people kircubbin grin

Wasn't expecting that from Cameron, who was helping him ?

tanith Tue 24-Aug-21 22:15:15

Probably a female prison officer he’s conned, he’s so sly.