Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Dancing on Ice New Series

(71 Posts)
Sparklefizz Sun 17-Jan-21 18:06:00

Anyone watching this evening?

EllanVannin Sun 14-Mar-21 18:53:53

It just hasn't been the same this year at all as so many left either with injuries or Covid. You tend to lose interest after a while. I hadn't realised it was the final either.

GrandmaKT Sun 14-Mar-21 18:40:45

We haven't watched this since the first or second week and have just turned in for the final.
What a travesty! The standard of skating is what you would expect in week 3 or 4 in a normal year. I know they have had their problems, but why keep up the presence that they are really good and give them all 9.5 and 10??
Disgusted!

Hellogirl1 Tue 02-Mar-21 23:32:13

Sorry to see Rebecca Vardy leave, I loved her first routine, but unfortunately they`re marked on the skate off. I`ve always thought that the skate off should be the same routine as the one earlier in the show.

Sparklefizz Mon 01-Mar-21 07:43:18

I was watching but honestly, I felt the judges were watching different skating to me as they scored so highly for what I thought were lacklustre performances.

Last week's show with past winners was fabulous.

I'll stick with it, mainly because there's nothing else, and also because of Jayne and Chris.

EllanVannin Sun 28-Feb-21 20:22:32

I've been watching it, but it really should have been cancelled this year as it's been scrappy. Saying that, the better skaters are still left to skate again and I'm so glad to see Colin's smiley face.

gillgran Sun 28-Feb-21 20:05:33

I must be the only one still watching...!!!
I'm still enjoying it. Great to see T & D's performance.
Just 2 weeks left, I shall see it through to the end. smile

Sparklefizz Sun 21-Feb-21 20:28:51

Fantastic programme tonight - Ray Quinn is mesmerising to watch, and James Jordan's 1st skate and also Perri Kiely's Romeo & Juliet.

And Jayne and Chris - fabulous as usual.

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole show. I must admit that none of the current celebs have the charisma we have seen with some skaters this evening.

HurdyGurdy Sun 21-Feb-21 20:15:58

gillgran - I'm watching on catch up, and yes, thoroughly enjoying. Some wonderful memories - the Jai Ho routine by Hayley and Daniel was excellent, as was the Flamenco by Ray Quinn (or anything, really, by Ray - he was spectacular) and James Jordan's first skate.

And all the amazing performances by Jayne and Chris

gillgran Sun 21-Feb-21 19:59:40

I was disappointed that the live show was postponed until next week.
BUT, I've just watched what they put together as a replacement.
I can truly say, I LOVED IT. smile

Puzzler61 Sun 14-Feb-21 19:36:04

Just beautiful. Sometimes it’s nice to see one pair dance rather than a group of pro’s. It was perfect for St Valentine’s Day.

Sparklefizz Sun 14-Feb-21 19:31:15

The ice ballet danced by Mark and Yemen (sp?) was just magical and so emotional it made me tearful.

They were completely in sync all the way through. It was sheer beauty.

Puzzler61 Sun 14-Feb-21 19:23:54

Enjoyed the whole show and thought everyone skated well.
Wouldn’t like to say who’ll be in the bottom 2.

Sparklefizz Sun 14-Feb-21 18:49:58

Looking at the headbanger through my fingers .... aaaarrrgh!

Sparklefizz Sun 14-Feb-21 18:08:53

Love Holly's dress!

gillgran Sun 14-Feb-21 16:51:15

Oh dear, I've just seen the news for DOI for tonight's show.

I'm disappointed that the young Joe-Warren has had to withdraw as he & his pro-partner have tested positive for CV.
He was very good, was exciting to watch & had all the "gung-ho" of the young.!! (he was my favourite)!

I assume that Jason will get a pass for next week, as he is injured, or will he have to pull out now? (he's not my favourite)wink.

I look forward to seeing how they fill-in the programme.

See you later.

Sparklefizz Sun 14-Feb-21 10:17:23

I wonder how many people will be appearing tonight as I've just read that Jason won't be on because of a back injury.

I'm sorry Joe-Warren and Vanessa will be out as I think they're exciting to watch.

It seems that the bubbling for DoI contestants has not been as successful as that for Strictly.

Hellogirl1 I understand all the reserves are learning and practising for the same length of time as the ones who appear, but they just don't experience having to skate on the night, and of course the reserves don't have several episodes to build up a fan-base.

I hope the programme isn't filled with more wittering from Phil and Holly.

MissAdventure Fri 12-Feb-21 21:14:20

What happens if a couple leaves?
I suppose they don't replace them?

GrandmasueUK Fri 12-Feb-21 21:03:23

Another couple are having to leave because of positive Covid tests. Joe and Vanessa. What a year this has been. At this rate it's going to be Philip and Holly in the final!

Hellogirl1 Sun 07-Feb-21 21:54:16

It was a shame about the new couple having to leave, it seems a little unfair tom throw a newbie into an established mix, doesn`t give them much of a chance.
I liked Jason`s performance, but was shocked to see Colin in the skate off.

gillgran Sun 07-Feb-21 20:44:03

Yes, I was pleased to see that Colin won the skate off.
The "new" chap didn't stand a hope sadly.
I was surprised that the public voted , meaning that Colin was in the skate off, ( that he was less popular than Jason).

EllanVannin Sun 07-Feb-21 19:58:26

Hooray---Colin's through, yippee.

EllanVannin Sun 07-Feb-21 19:57:09

It's a swizz !

EllanVannin Sun 07-Feb-21 19:48:23

Pensioners on ice grin

MissAdventure Sun 07-Feb-21 19:39:45

grin

Sparklefizz Sun 07-Feb-21 19:36:20

I think Jason will be in the skate off unless his fan base is big (not a euphemism grin