Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

McDonald and Dobbs

(14 Posts)
sodapop Fri 12-Mar-21 12:42:06

Greyduster

The last episode was dire and just dragged on and on. I wanted to enjoy this new series but it’s a disappointment so far.

My feelings exactly Greyduster

Greyduster Fri 12-Mar-21 08:56:20

The last episode was dire and just dragged on and on. I wanted to enjoy this new series but it’s a disappointment so far.

maryrose54 Thu 11-Mar-21 10:05:22

We tried to watch it but gave up. Watched first series but this wasn't as good.

BigBertha1 Thu 11-Mar-21 10:03:32

I enjoy it. Lovely to have some light and frothy on a Sunday night. Jason Watkins is great in everything.

Ailidh Thu 11-Mar-21 09:17:13

It's extremely light froth - just what I'm fancying at the minute!!

Lollin Thu 11-Mar-21 08:59:02

I too started to watch it last week looking for light escapism and had to turn off, too many familiar faces spoilt it I think because I watched it this week and was able to enjoy the whole of it. The partnership was quite heart warming! (I haven’t seen any of the first series)

Greyduster Fri 05-Mar-21 18:26:19

I enjoyed the first series of this - I’m a big fan if Jason Watkins; but when I found out that Rob Brydon was in it I was rather turned off. The storyline was really pretty awful and it dragged on.

Eloethan Tue 02-Mar-21 23:58:41

I too think the first series was better. I quite liked the differences between the two main characters. I don't think it's meant to be taken too seriously - a typical afternoon/Sunday evening programme.

However, I thought last night's offering was silly beyond belief and I don't think I'll bother to watch any more.

GrandmasueUK Tue 02-Mar-21 23:18:40

I think the first series was better, but it was just a bit of light viewing for a Sunday night.

Aveline Tue 02-Mar-21 22:16:49

I thought it dragged on a bit. It was OK but not great.

Poppyred Tue 02-Mar-21 22:16:45

I turned it off as well. Life’s too short to watch rubbish!

Deedaa Tue 02-Mar-21 21:36:23

I hadn't watched the first series but I enjoyed it. Actually I thought Patsy Kensit looked better than when she was younger and Martin Kemp just keeps improving with age.

maddyone Tue 02-Mar-21 21:27:37

I watched it, well started to watch it, but found it banal. Turned it off.

NanKate Tue 02-Mar-21 21:13:34

I know this second series is a bit frothy and silly, but it it’s just what I need to watch right now.

Sadly the actress Patsy Kensit who plays a key role in the story has done something to her face, maybe fillers but it looks uneven and unsmiling. I remember when she used to do the Fairy Soap ad. Why do actresses try to make themselves look younger and end up looking like a waxworks?

Martin Kemp looked very good for his age.

Bath is such a beautiful city.