Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Terror

(9 Posts)
Greciangirl Mon 08-Mar-21 15:59:36

This is the title of a film on BBCiplayer I am watching at the moment.

It’s a strangely spooky horror film but with a difference.
Two ships are sailing in the Antarctic around 1845 on an expedition to explore.
They are the Royal Navy of that time.
Difficult to describe but they are pursued by a strange arctic creature and there are grisly consequences.
It’s written by Ridley Scott.
If anyone has seen it, please let me know what you think about it.
As I said before, it’s very strange, but also compelling.

Calendargirl Mon 08-Mar-21 16:01:01

There is another thread already running on this Gg

AGAA4 Mon 08-Mar-21 16:06:46

I am watching this. I haven't seen the other thread. I just think how awful for those men stranded in the ice. It is true that those two ships did try to make their way through the Arctic to create the Northwest passage. Both ships disappeared and we will never know how those men died but this is a good story. Not sure about the strange creature.

Marthjolly1 Mon 08-Mar-21 19:12:06

Yes Mr Jolly and I are enjoying Terror. Its very well done and I believe there is an element of it based on a true story. Very brave souls all.

Knittynatter Mon 08-Mar-21 19:29:33

I discovered this at the weekend. It’s not the type of thing that I would normally watch but I am enjoying it.

Jane43 Mon 08-Mar-21 19:33:17

I’m half way through, it is very well done. Jared Harris is such a good actor. There is interesting information on the other thread I think Urmstongran posted it.

WhiteRabbit57 Mon 08-Mar-21 19:40:55

It is brilliant, start to finish.

Jane43 Tue 09-Mar-21 09:42:39

The more I watch of it the more I am impressed by it. I just have two episodes to watch which will be harrowing. I hope this gets lots of awards.

eazybee Tue 09-Mar-21 11:11:59

I watched part 2 last night intentionally and am finding it gripping.