Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Eggheads is coming back

(16 Posts)
timetogo2016 Sat 13-Mar-21 17:07:32

I agree with Lucca.

Hope you mothers all have a Happy Mothers day tomorrow.

chelseababy Sat 13-Mar-21 16:55:35

Its known as "Big heads" in this house.

mokryna Sat 13-Mar-21 13:18:42

Pleased to hear the news as I enjoyed the show.

BlueSapphire Sat 13-Mar-21 13:05:32

Pleased to hear the news about Eggheads, have really missed it. It was always part of our evening routine to sit down with a drink to watch it, then have dinner.

earnshaw Sat 13-Mar-21 12:38:48

so pleased that eggheads is returning, this time on channel 5 but, jeremy, really, what a very childish way to let us know, when you said that you had an important announcement to make on your programme, i thought that maybe you were going to say that you and storm were leaving and anne diamond was taking over, what a dissapointment

Mygrandma1 Fri 12-Mar-21 21:03:17

Love Jeremy Vine! on morning tv, then again on radio 2, and again hosting egg heads. Wonderful

Ealdemodor Fri 12-Mar-21 19:32:38

Well pleased about this, I was sorry when Eggheads ended. I was only saying to hubs the other evening how I miss it.

Deedaa Fri 12-Mar-21 19:13:05

Brilliant! I love Eggheads. Jeremy Vine drives me mad, surely he isn't really as dim as he makes out. "How do you know that?" he says while I'm yelling "Because he/she has got a modicum of general knowledge you idiot"

dolphindaisy Fri 12-Mar-21 19:02:26

Always loved Eggheads, it was my favourite Quiz. The BBC dropped it because "only old people watched it" Instead they've given us Gordon Ramsey every night in a prime time slot, I can't stand the man so have never watched it.

Lucca Fri 12-Mar-21 15:04:15

I can’t be bothered with eggheads, all that faffing about, the actual programme content is about ten minutes.

LadyGracie Fri 12-Mar-21 14:51:12

I'm glad Eggheads is coming back although I can't stand Jeremy Vine.

I always watch the last half hour of Tipping Point followed by The Chase (I enjoy watching Bradley) on ITV+1 whilst I'm preparing dinner.

I used to watch Pointless but the 2 hosts make me cringe with their inane humour.

I'm becoming less tolerant.

Charleygirl5 Fri 12-Mar-21 13:48:36

I also like Eggheads but I am addicted to The Chase although Bradley's jokes are awful.

DanniRae Fri 12-Mar-21 13:02:37

I like Eggheads and glad it is coming back - but I am also glad that it doesn't mean that Richard's House of Games is finishing as it is part of my early evening routine.
Pointless - House of Games and then I do the dinner! grin

SecondhandRose Fri 12-Mar-21 12:34:55

Can’t stand ‘know it all’ smug Chris. Hope he has gone.

lemsip Fri 12-Mar-21 11:43:40

Yes, Im very pleased as I really like eggheads.

Dinahmo Fri 12-Mar-21 11:38:58

Jeremy Vine announced today that Eggheads is coming back in the autumn on Channel 5. This is really good news (I think) because along with UniChall and Only Connect it was one of the best quizzes on tv.