Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

My Feral Heart

(7 Posts)
BlueBelle Thu 18-Mar-21 22:28:31

Did anyone watch My Feral Heart on channel 9 tonight it was wonderful such a brilliant story and so ably acted by Steve Brandon who at birth was told he d not be able to speak and now what a worthy actor
If you haven’t watched it do try and catch it I don’t think you’d regret it .... get your tissues out though

EllanVannin Thu 18-Mar-21 22:32:00

Just finished watching it. Wonderful acting.

BlueBelle Fri 19-Mar-21 05:47:25

Wasnt it lovely ellen I hope some others on here saw it It was such a change from all the murder dramas we usually watch... a lovely story and all the acting was very ‘real’

Katie59 Fri 19-Mar-21 07:29:39

BlueBelle

Wasnt it lovely ellen I hope some others on here saw it It was such a change from all the murder dramas we usually watch... a lovely story and all the acting was very ‘real’

You are certainly right about murder dramas, we now avoid them it’s nice to watch a programme where nobody gets killed.

BlueBelle Fri 19-Mar-21 08:38:53

I m not into ‘feel good factor’ films per sey as I always feel they are false.... you WILL be happy, you WILL sing and smile but this one was feel good in a very very real way, with very sad parts in equal sizes
I hope others enjoyed it as much as I did

Luckygirl Fri 19-Mar-21 09:18:39

I agree that the acting was good - and that it is good to have a film centred on something other than crime, car chases and special effects. The acting in the first part of the film where the mother was dying was the best.

But I felt slightly disappointed with the story line which was very weak. The girl in the animal trap who then survived in a barn for days on one packet of sliced ham; and the bath scene was beyond credence.

I will seek out other films/plays that this young man has been in.

JaneJudge Sat 20-Mar-21 12:47:22

I thought it was good, I also think it highlighted the one size fits all, dump them all together mind set of some care providers with respect to people with learning disabilities. How they didn't listen to him too when he said how independent he was and could be. What I didn't understand was the girl blush who was she? and what was it supposed to represent?