Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Disappointed in Spiral series 8

(10 Posts)
Witzend Fri 19-Mar-21 14:22:16

Only just got around to this recently, after catching up with most of the previous series ever since Christmas.
Just not the same without good old Gilou piling into the baddies, and poor old Roban.
Will carry on watching though, hope it picks up.

GrandmasueUK Fri 19-Mar-21 14:24:52

I went back to the beginning again as well. I’m still holding out for the last series. I just don’t want to get to the end at all.

Grannyboots1 Fri 19-Mar-21 14:29:15

The last series is brilliant. I won’t give anything away. Love the relationship between Laure and Gilou.

Parsley3 Fri 19-Mar-21 14:29:26

I agree. I missed Roban as the wily old fox would have found a way to avoid Gilou’s predicament. I love Spiral but this last series was a bit of a let down.

TerriBull Fri 19-Mar-21 14:40:26

I wasn't disappointed in series 8, only in that it has come to an end. Still hoping for a spin off featuring Ali. I did read somewhere that the actress Caroline Proust (Laure) wanted out, not sure about Gilou (Thierry Godard) I think fans of Spiral tend to love the relationship between those two.

Although I liked Roban and of course he was there from the beginning, I thought he looked permanently exhausted, he needed to retire.

suziewoozie Fri 19-Mar-21 15:31:40

One more that was disappointed - I think it went past its sell by date for me.

Curlywhirly Fri 19-Mar-21 16:22:51

I love Spiral and so sad that it appears Series 8 was the last one. I have just watched Series 1, which I had previously never seen; how young they look, especially Laure. Must say it has definitely improved with age, the first Series had so many threads to it and was very violent. The programme obviously settled down to be an amazing, gritty Police drama. Will miss Gilou; just love his rough-diamond character and his relationship with Laure.

dahlia Fri 19-Mar-21 16:37:33

After watching the entire seven series recently, and once before when it was shown on BBC4, I have been bored with series 8 and very disappointed that this is the way it will all end. Not quite at the end yet, but those endless car chases where the team follow but never seem to catch the thieves are driving me mad! A bit of a let-down after such strong story lines and characters in the past.

MrsJamJam Fri 19-Mar-21 16:57:02

But the ending is worth it ... I won't spoil it for you!!

Curlywhirly Fri 19-Mar-21 20:02:36

MrsJamJam

But the ending is worth it ... I won't spoil it for you!!

I agree- the ending is most definitely worth it! Made me love Gilou even more!