Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Simon Mayo - Drivetime programme

(7 Posts)
shandi6570 Tue 23-Mar-21 17:02:17

I was disappointed when Radio 2 and Simon Mayo parted company and the Drivetime programme finished.

Just wanted to say that I am pleased to tell anyone else who missed his show that he has returned with Drivetime on Greatest Hits Radio, weekdays between 4.00pm and 7.00pm.

Previous listeners may like to know that Matt is also back and it includes his 'Confessions' section of the programme grin

Emily49 Tue 23-Mar-21 17:11:06

Ooh, thanks for that info - I used to love listening to Simon M on the way home from work!

tidyskatemum Tue 23-Mar-21 17:16:34

Hurrah! His Radio 2 Drivetime show was the best thing on the radio until the BBC suits decided they didn’t have enough female presenters and completely ruined it. I loved the confessions - I nearly had to stop the car on more than one occasion as I was laughing so much,

LadyGracie Tue 23-Mar-21 17:28:57

Thank you, that is great news, I used to listen to him on my drive home from work. I did miss him.

aquagran Tue 23-Mar-21 18:36:32

He was on Scala Radio, another station that is worth a listen.

grannyrebel7 Tue 23-Mar-21 18:48:29

Yes, I used to love his show on the drive home from work too. I felt sorry for Jo Whiley when she joined the show and took such a lot of online abuse. It was a recipe for disaster though. Don't know what the powers that be were thinking.

Jane43 Tue 23-Mar-21 18:58:05

We used to like the Drivetime show with Johnnie Walker, presumably he was Simon Mayo’s predecessor. We have a couple of the CDs, they are very good.