Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Keeping Faith BBC1 9 pm tonight

(82 Posts)
Puzzler61 Sat 27-Mar-21 17:05:15

“Keeping Faith” drama about a family is back tonight for a further 6 episodes. (This is series 3)
I’m excited about it - are there any other fans amongst GN?

Puzzler61 Mon 03-May-21 09:53:30

I don’t think Steve’s killer was identified but it would be Rose or more likely one of her henchmen.
We didn’t see Rose at Steve’s cottage in the wood when we’d seen him alive for the last time. I remember only Faith looking for him and then Susan Williams finding the chopper with blood on.
Please correct me if I missed something?

Puzzler61 Mon 03-May-21 09:50:52

I think it’s Steve’s. Got to be hasn’t it?
Although the baby in her tummy now in real life is definitely her husband’s (Evan who plays her on screen husband too).
It’s their child no 3 , and Eve Myles is 43.

BlueBelle Sun 02-May-21 13:18:59

I don’t think she did sleep with the black police officer
It has to be Steve’s baby I m so sad he’s dead and he was trying to get her help in that haiunting phone call saying help me
Who did kill Steve ? Am I being a bit slow
They all went last night didn’t they? Rose, Steve and Evan
(I can’t say Evan even in my mind without going Ev...van )
Yes Osian made a miraculous recovery to be back from France and on the beach in presumably a brief time lapse a bit weird
I don’t think there can be another series it seemed an end
I loved Faith quirky kind mad very very attractive
I loved Steve, a bit of a brute but so caring kind and protective of Faith
A brilliant series

Soozikinzi Sun 02-May-21 12:38:09

We enjoyed it - I know it isn’t everyone’s favourite - but we liked Faith herself and her lovely house and the beaches . I liked her husband and her father in law and her lawyer partner with the short hair . I think it’s ok as long as you aren’t expecting realism !

Greyduster Sun 02-May-21 12:33:43

Was it a one night stand? I thought he’d slept on the sofa?

ninathenana Sun 02-May-21 12:24:59

merlot We wondered that too.

I can't spell the young boy with the tumor's name but it was rather far fetched for him to make such a miraculous recovery. I was glad to see it though.

ninathenana Sun 02-May-21 12:19:29

Puzzler is it Steve's ?
Don't forget the one night stand with the black copper ??

TerriBull Sun 02-May-21 12:03:05

Thank you so much Puzzler. I also like the Welsh accent.

Meant to add, as many others have already mentioned, what a great soundtrack by Amy Wadge, such a talent, wonder where she's been, hadn't heard of her before Keeping Faith.

Puzzler61 Sun 02-May-21 11:33:47

I hope you have the good weather to enjoy the forthcoming Welsh holiday TerriBull. It is a beautiful country.
I too watched Ruth Jones’ “Stella”. I enjoy hearing the accent of the Welsh people even when speaking English.
My dad was part Welsh so I think the affinity I feel may stem from there.

TerriBull Sun 02-May-21 11:27:25

There are some strange shots of Faith, I like her though quirky and off the wall, my husband really likes her I think its the gap in her teeth that appeals grin

I believe in real life, Eve Myles is married to Evan and are having another baby to add to their two children. Hope that all goes well for them and we see them both again in something else. Ditto Steve, I remember him playing the love interest in Ruth Jones' "Stella" a very good Welsh series. Steve (sorry don't know his real name) popped up in "The Crown" mentoring a young Prince Charles on all things Welsh prior to him becoming the Prince of Wales and I think he was also in Chernobyl so I'm sure we'll see him again.

Apropos of discovering "Keeping Faith" we are off to Laugharne in the summer whenever that arrives! hopefully it will, l have previously been lucky with the weather in Wales.

merlotgran Sun 02-May-21 11:12:15

Who is going to take care of Steve’s daughter?

ElaineI Sun 02-May-21 11:05:44

I have grown to enjoy it. I agree about her not being bothered about her own children's distress especially the middle girl. I would expect it to get worse now! Perhaps if there is another series they will focus more on that.

Lollin Sun 02-May-21 10:00:58

Totally agree greeneyedgirl
I normally like to wait for each episode being broadcast, but after the third one I couldn’t resist and enjoyed watching it all in one go! Then as I had enjoyed it so much I watched it again as it was broadcast! The acting, the music, the scenery, the filming, the storylines, all 10 stars from me.

Greeneyedgirl Sun 02-May-21 09:41:54

I really enjoyed this series, Faith’s flamboyant persona, and glam style, with superb Celia Imrie as the archetypal baddie. The kids were great, and an unbelievable, but curiously satisfying ending. Sweet that rugged Steve left a little memento smile. Lastly I just loved the accompanying soundtrack.

Greyduster Sun 02-May-21 09:34:30

What a brilliant and versatile actress Celia Imrie is! It’s been a joy to see her in this.

Aveline Sun 02-May-21 09:30:39

I became quite fond of Faith. Daft woman but very believable.

sodapop Sun 02-May-21 09:28:13

I thought it ended well too. I enjoyed the series more and more as I got into it, sometimes Faith was over the top though. I don't think they are making any more are they ?

Puzzler61 Sun 02-May-21 08:55:56

Yes, that was a joyful surprise - I thought he was too ill to respond to treatment once he fell unconscious, did you tanith ?

tanith Sat 01-May-21 22:40:40

I’m so glad that Oisin survived and enjoyed the series.

Puzzler61 Sat 01-May-21 22:04:33

It was, but the romantic in me was glad that Faith is having Steve’s baby.
I thought Celia Imrie as Faith’s mum was a believably mother and grandmother. Took the family saga to another level.

Pittcity Sat 01-May-21 21:58:57

That was an unlikely ending!!

Puzzler61 Sat 01-May-21 20:22:58

Well, Saturday again and not long to wait for the finale.
I have no idea what’s going to happen as I resisted watching it online.
I’m getting a Plymouth Gin & tonic ready at my side ....

Aveline Sun 25-Apr-21 10:43:05

I did enjoy this series. (I had to binge watch). Great characters, story and location. The acting was VG too. I hope that production company is commissioned for more programmes.

eazybee Sun 25-Apr-21 10:36:38

I'm sorry for those three children; it seems as though Faith will rush to anyone's aid other than her own children, particularly the girls who are both in distress.
And why doesn't she put all her papers in that lovely leather satchel type bag she carries round all the time?

Puzzler61 Sun 25-Apr-21 08:46:09

When Steve and Faith both said “I Love You” I had a sinking feeling that something bad was to follow.