Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Over exposed

(44 Posts)
Lucca Wed 07-Apr-21 17:36:29

I’m so sick of seeing certain people appearing on all channels all the time.
Fred sirieux for example....ok on First Dates but now he’s on so many òther things, at least two food programmes over egging his French accent.

Greg Wallace is another one.

Anyone else you’re sick of seeing ? (Yes I know there’s an off switch!)

FannyCornforth Thu 08-Apr-21 19:49:26

Calendargirl perhaps you could Google him if you are that interested?
That's what I tend to do

Calendargirl Thu 08-Apr-21 19:40:22

FannyCornforth

Talking of over-exposed flamboyant chaps - what's happened to Louis Spence? Where did he go? ?

Who?

Sarnia Thu 08-Apr-21 17:06:15

Beauregard

Bluebelle Alex Scott - female ex footballer. Did Strictly and has been popping up everywhere ever since, hosting shows, football pundit, reality & game shows, tv adverts etc.

Alex Scott is a she and played for England's women football team. I have a liking for her because she has pulled the rug out from under the male dominated sports pundits. She talks a lot of sense, football wise.

Beauregard Thu 08-Apr-21 16:58:51

Bluebelle Alex Scott - female ex footballer. Did Strictly and has been popping up everywhere ever since, hosting shows, football pundit, reality & game shows, tv adverts etc.

BlueBelle Thu 08-Apr-21 16:23:09

It’s not that I don’t like Bradley Walsh Sodapop I m just fed up with celebrities getting their children on TV why not let some other young people have a go and that goes for mother’s too Rylans mother gets in on the act now
Ant and Dec are like my fingernails scratching on glass but it’s not them but the over egging of them, when you see them popping up everywhere you get really fed up and think ‘oh no not them again’

Who s Alex Scott? Missed him

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 08-Apr-21 15:05:18

Paddy McGuinness, he seems to be quite popular but I'm sorry, I can't stand him.

JustMe Thu 08-Apr-21 13:59:35

Blossoming

My father was a greengrocer and very knowledgeable about the products he sold, including how to cook them. He’d have been well able to judge ^Michelin starred food^

Sorry, I wasn't being rude about greengrocers!

Iam64 Thu 08-Apr-21 13:32:54

I’ve skimmed the responses. I don’t recognise most names. It seems binge watching Spiral, call my agent, all previous series of Line of Duty (for example) during lockdown has saved me from a fate worse than death

Chardy Thu 08-Apr-21 13:27:38

Just found Rylan's photo as a kid, and he looks lovely
www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/sad-reason-behind-rylan-clark-18545755

crazyH Thu 08-Apr-21 12:57:18

Thanks FC ?

FannyCornforth Thu 08-Apr-21 12:53:06

Talking of over-exposed flamboyant chaps - what's happened to Louis Spence? Where did he go? ?

FannyCornforth Thu 08-Apr-21 12:44:29

Nonogran I believe that Rylan was a contestant on the X Factor (I don't watch it).
Personally I really like Rylan and I love his speaking voice. But then I've always had a soft spot for flamboyant chaps. I think that he's very good with people and seems genuine.
It's such a shame that he's had so much plastic surgery at such a young age.
Rylan was badly bullied as a child and I think that it the route of it. He must have been a camp little boy and he had ginger hair. I also think that he may have body dysmorphia. He is totally unrecognisable if you see photos of him when he was young.

Nonogran Thu 08-Apr-21 12:22:30

That Rylan chap gives me the creeps. Where did he come from? Why does he now seem to be in on everything?
I know he can't help it but there's something about his deep set small eyes I can't get past. I have to change channels.
Sorry Rylan if you're reading this.

sodapop Thu 08-Apr-21 12:14:48

I like Bradley & Barney Walsh as well. They have a lovely relationship.

The JGM thing explains a lot FannyCornforth

It seems Schofield will do anything for money judging by some ads he appears in. He must be down to his last few million.

Blossoming Thu 08-Apr-21 12:04:36

My father was a greengrocer and very knowledgeable about the products he sold, including how to cook them. He’d have been well able to judge Michelin starred food

Beauregard Thu 08-Apr-21 11:55:39

Alex Scott

JustMe Thu 08-Apr-21 11:51:08

Ahhh yes, Greg Wallace, former greengrocer who now judges michelin starred food, you couldn't make it up!

can't cope with him eating with his mouth open

FannyCornforth Thu 08-Apr-21 11:19:29

Meanwhile, the machinations of how and why Gregg Wallace gets work of any description is a perennial mystery ?

FannyCornforth Thu 08-Apr-21 11:15:12

I'm not sure if this is the case with Stacey Dooley, but it could be.
When a celebrity gets a generous golden handshake from the Beeb, they try to get their money's worth.

Stacey got into trouble for advertising hair dye last Summer, because she is tied into working solely for the BBC.

I know that the getting-your-moneys-worth policy was the case with Graham Norton; and it could be the same with Clare Balding too.

timetogo2016 Thu 08-Apr-21 10:25:53

Yes all of the above,but i do like Bradley Walsh and his son Barney.

Jane43 Thu 08-Apr-21 10:20:27

Stacey Dooley is another one who seems to be in everything since she won Strictly. She is a pleasant enough woman who made some very good documentaries but she is a very average presenter. It must be almost impossible for newcomers to break into tv work.

JustMe Thu 08-Apr-21 09:48:07

There must be thousands of people longing to get a tiny chink of an opportunity into showbiz but oh no roll out the same ole same ole

I so agree with this. There will be a mine of untapped talent out there but somehow or other the 'entertainment' tv people seem to think we want the same old ones again and again. It's like some sort of chinese water torture!

Scarlett Moffatt. She's another one. Her voice is like nails down a blackboard to me.

Gannygangan Thu 08-Apr-21 08:16:52

Holly and Philip

BlueBelle Thu 08-Apr-21 08:14:53

Yes all of the above plus Bradley walsh and son
Rylan who I think is probably an ok bloke drives me to drink with his voice and teeth, myleen has started popping up a lot lately
I have another pet hate and that’s former politicians getting in on ‘so called’ reality programmes I Have to turn off
There must be thousands of people longing to get a tiny chink of an opportunity into showbiz but oh no roll out the same ole same ole
Don’t they realise how we are all turning off these awful programmes
I didn’t know about JGM fanny that sounds a valid reason
Well I switch over whenever I see any of those faces and as for Keith Lemmon I can’t bear to see his face so he disappears before I see him I wouldn’t watch anything he’s in I think he’s the most awful ‘entertainer’

FannyCornforth Thu 08-Apr-21 08:01:26

crazyH

Tracy Solomon

Stacey

James Grant Management have a strangle hold on ITV.
JGM manages (off the top of my head) Philip Schofield (aswell as his daughter Molly who is also an agent for JGM, as is Jack Madeley, son of R&J); Ant & Dec (Ant's new wife also works for JGM); the ever unpopular Amanda Holden; Tess Daly and her plank of a husband Vernon; Keith Lemon (no comment); and James Grant's wife is Holly Willoughby.

It's all very nepotistic to say the least.
It's also rumoured to be the reason Fern Britton and Ruth get so hacked off.