Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Shtisel: I would thoroughly recommend this TV series!

(6 Posts)
Jane43 Sat 01-May-21 10:08:32

After watching Orthodox I tried to watch Shtisel but couldn’t get into it. In view of many positive comments about it I will give it another try. I tend to use subtitles a lot these days so their use doesn’t bother me.

Aveline Thu 29-Apr-21 15:51:57

I just can't bear subtitles

LondonMzFitz Thu 29-Apr-21 15:41:53

I almost whooped when I read your post Anneishere! I binge watched the first three series right at the beginning of lockdown in March 2020. It's such an extraordinary series, what could be so compelling about this ultra Orthodox Jewish family but the humour! THE HUMOUR! The wry ironies, just superb! The human stories - I really can't say enough good things about it.

And. Michael Aloni - his beautiful eyes! It's a fabulous series and I second the "must watch". Series 4 has only just come out in the last 4 weeks. It's an education too in the way of life for these people. Stick with the subtitles please, it's so rewarding.

Esspee Thu 29-Apr-21 15:39:30

We enjoyed it too. I do hope they make another series.

Anneishere Thu 29-Apr-21 15:00:14

Oooops forgot to say this series is on Netflix! ?

Anneishere Thu 29-Apr-21 14:58:07

Shtisel: The Israeli TV show about an ultra-Orthodox Jewish family may not seem like the usual TV phenomenon, but the unexpected combination is a hit. This series has English subtitles but I got so involved with the storylines I actually forgot!

One of the best TV shows I've ever seen. I actually had to take a short break from binge watching! I was addicted to this series! An
incredibly sensitive and creative TV drama about peoples' lives. What a beautifully written, brilliantly acted, brutally honest and captivating series! I have watched all four series.

You must watch all four series - this is a trailer of Shtisel 3.

youtu.be/WALuOpZjwdE

Oh and I am in love with Michael Aloni ??❤️ sooooo handsome!!!

youtu.be/tJbqQFuznTA