Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Kominsky Method

(16 Posts)
Juliet27 Fri 11-Jun-21 14:07:54

Anyone else watched this Michael Douglas series on Netflix? I’m really enjoying it.

DiscoGran Fri 11-Jun-21 14:32:54

Yes, I loved it. The first season with Alan arkin was the best.

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 11-Jun-21 16:31:34

Just binge watched the latest series, still very good, but we too missed Alan Arkin, although he did pop up now and again.

Westcoaster Fri 11-Jun-21 18:04:22

Yes, I binged on this a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Needing something new now! smile

Dinahmo Mon 14-Jun-21 15:20:55

We agree - shame about Alan Arkin as we enjoy the wisecracking humour between the two of them.

Westcoaster If you haven't seen it, Lupin is very good and season 2 has just started. It's about a very clever thief whose father gave him the book of stories about Arsene Lupin - a gentleman thief. Plus there is a lovely dog called J'accuse.

BigBertha1 Mon 14-Jun-21 16:55:40

I really enjoy Michael Douglas in this but miss Alan Arkin...such a wonderful dry wit. Kathleen Turner is a surprise. I had heard she had been very ill so its good to see her acting again.

Namsnanny Fri 18-Jun-21 18:09:56

Watched and re watched it.
I think Alan Arkin really made the series.
If he had never been in it I would have enjoyed it, as Michael Douglas was also very good.
But AAs character and the fantastic lines they wrote for him elevated the series.
I missed him awfully.

I read he only committed to one series, and was convinced to do another, but no more.
I shall miss it.

Lovetopaint037 Fri 18-Jun-21 19:37:08

We are really enjoying it. We have just got up to episode 16 series 3 I think. AA has died and quite abruptly it seems. We loved Alex the shaking waiter and his interaction with AA. It’s entertaining and the short episodes allow us to slip a couple in even if we want to watch something else.

Visgir1 Sat 19-Jun-21 12:24:22

Just to let you know.. Thank you for this recommendation brilliant.

DiscoGran Sat 19-Jun-21 14:31:59

If you enjoyed this, you might like a series called Barry. I think it is on Amazon Prime.

Perdido Sun 20-Jun-21 21:12:21

Another thank you from me. Enjoying this a lot. Michael Douglas playing a character not dissimilar to the one he played in Wonder Boys and Alan Arkin a much gentler and likeable version of Larry David in Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Nicegranny Sun 20-Jun-21 21:23:47

I loved it ??

fevertree Sun 20-Jun-21 21:42:49

I loved this latest series. I thought Kathleen Turner was fantastic in it. I believe her and MD have been friends since they starred together in Jewel of the Nile, and their comfort in each other's company is apparent in this series. A treat.

BridgetPark Wed 30-Jun-21 19:03:20

A truly wonderful series. Michael Douglas shows humility and depth in his character, makes it really enjoyable. I have binge watched it all, and just started on Lupin, so hoping thats a good replacement.

JaneJudge Mon 12-Jul-21 17:28:41

I am loving this. I love the particularly dark humour too

Ginny42 Mon 12-Jul-21 17:32:36

I might catch up with this again as you all seem to rate it. I'd stopped watching it. BridgePark I loved Lupin.