Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Hidden Figures

(10 Posts)
tanith Sat 19-Jun-21 10:52:45

Channel 4 this evening if you've never seen this film I thoroughly recommend it. Its about a group of black female analysts who helped to calculate the numbers needed for the first moon shot.
Great film well worth a watch I'm going to watch it again.

Pittcity Sat 19-Jun-21 11:01:36

I thought it was a great film too Tanith. I didn't know about these ladies until I watched it.

Lollin Sat 19-Jun-21 16:16:37

I wasn’t interested in watching it when it first came out but one day stuck for something to watch we did and agree, great actors all round too.

Sarnia Sun 20-Jun-21 08:18:44

A brilliant film. How dare these black women come along and solve the mathematical, engineering and computer obstacles that threatened to derail the US space programme!

robew Wed 14-Jul-21 00:47:39

it looks really interesting i will watch it

TillyTrotter Wed 14-Jul-21 19:53:52

Seen this film twice and it is such a well told story (true story).
The 3 ladies were stoic putting up with what they had to - e.g. separate toilet block, separate coffee pots.
Great cast,
a 5 ⭐️ film
I’d thoroughly recommend it.

BlueBelle Wed 14-Jul-21 19:56:31

Saw it a while ago and loved it Very well done and such a story

Alegrias1 Wed 14-Jul-21 20:37:13

Its a fabulous film and a fabulous true story.

This is the real Katherine Johnson - she lived to be 101 and only died last year.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_Johnson

GrannyGravy13 Wed 14-Jul-21 21:14:57

Film is a fair description, brilliant woman, brilliant mind and a life well lived.

Westcoaster Wed 14-Jul-21 23:19:44

I first saw this film coming home from the US on the plane a couple of years ago. It's absolutely brilliant and something I hadn't even realised went on. I've watched it a couple of times since when I've noticed it on the tv schedule.
Definitely one to watch.