Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Gary Lineker to host new ITV gameshow, Sitting on a Fortune

(16 Posts)
Alegrias1 Thu 22-Jul-21 19:41:07

I like Gary. He looks like a conquistador these days grin

When he was in Barcelona I heard him on TV telling one of the presenters at the time that he liked living there and being able to visit the Gaudi buildings was one of his favourite things. At that time, there were not many footballers who were that interested in architecture!

MawBe Thu 22-Jul-21 19:39:29

Well he’d know about that.

Casdon Thu 22-Jul-21 19:34:22

Well in Bruno and Craig’s escapades Bruno actually does take it all off - not for a justified reason, whereas Gary had no idea at all at the beginning of the season when he bet that Leicester would win the Prem and said he’d present in his boxers if they to be fair.
Anyway, I’m going to give him a chance, I think he’ll be good at the role.

Infinity2 Thu 22-Jul-21 19:23:33

Presume the apt name is Sitting on a Fortune, as the tv executives couldn’t get Sitting on your Arse for a Fortune approved.

Casdon - wouldn’t be surprised if Gary did drop his drawers for a game show, they’ll be having nude ones next. Standards couldn’t get any lower ?

Game shows are a long way from Beat the Clock and the Yes or No interlude nowadays.

Expect it’d be The Yes or No Internude !

Casdon Thu 22-Jul-21 18:19:50

It would be quite odd if he took his trousers off on a quiz show I think Infinity2!
It did show he was up for a laugh though, he doesn’t take himself seriously which I do like.

Lucca Thu 22-Jul-21 18:14:56

eazybee

Very apt name.

What is ?

Infinity2 Thu 22-Jul-21 18:08:29

Casdon - is that why you like Gary ?
Are you hoping to see him in his boxers again ?

Casdon Thu 22-Jul-21 18:05:26

I like Gary, he looks nice, is funny and self deprecating - an ideal game show host. Remember him presenting MotD in his boxers when Leicester won the Premiership, classic TV?

eazybee Thu 22-Jul-21 17:57:21

Very apt name.

Lucca Thu 22-Jul-21 17:55:36

He’s not done a game show before so why not ?

Infinity2 Thu 22-Jul-21 17:55:30

Well you’re certainly a loyal fan Maybee70 !
Good on you ?

MayBee70 Thu 22-Jul-21 17:54:01

Gary’s crisp adverts are the stuff of legend! He’s still idolised in Barcelona where he used to play. He represents everything that’s good about football and sport in general.

Infinity2 Thu 22-Jul-21 17:50:52

Why don’t these people get out of the way and let younger fresher people have a chance ?

Watching the telly nowadays is like watching the carousel of Satan, the same old celebrity faces going round and round…….and round……turning up everywhere. And then when the boring stupid programmes they’re on finish……they turn up on the sodding adverts .☠️

MayBee70 Thu 22-Jul-21 17:47:24

Gary is a National treasure. He’s worth every penny! At least on ITV he doesn’t need to worry about being sacked for airing his political views.

rafichagran Thu 22-Jul-21 17:42:48

Maybe he enjoys working, and the show is something he wants to do.

ixion Thu 22-Jul-21 17:28:58

Just how much income does a chap need to live on??