Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Kate Humble-A Country Life For Half The Price.

(8 Posts)
Calendargirl Wed 28-Jul-21 09:21:03

I know there was another thread about this last year.

Not keen on KH, but watched this first in the new series anyway.

Three generation living on a mountain in West Wales.

I don’t think they had given enough thought to the work involved, they ended up putting in far more hours than in their previous life.

The son-in-law, an electrician, still working long hours away from home but hoping to make a new living making and selling pizzas from the disused pizzeria in the garden.

The dad, still working remotely as a security consultant, but also spending every spare minute sorting out the disused poly tunnels and overgrown 3.5 acres .

Mum and daughter working flat out and also home schooling re Covid.

The large longhouse needed completely redecorating and doing up, but never saw any sign of that getting done, they were all so busy outside.

I hope it all works out for them, but did not look the ideal, more relaxed lifestyle they had envisaged.

Calendargirl Wed 28-Jul-21 09:22:03

And of course, Kate Humble, with her “wow, what a view!” every touch and turn.

Aldom Wed 28-Jul-21 09:33:20

The view was stunning and warranted a WOW! Good luck to the family. They deserve to be successful. True, they hadn't realised what was involved, but they were all pulling together to make things work. A lot had been achieved in only few months.

MoorlandMooner Wed 28-Jul-21 09:48:08

Good for them. You only live once so go all out and have an adventure, especially if you can do it with the people you love. Nothing worth having ever came easy.

Just imagine the amazing life they'll have in that beautiful place five years for now when all that hard work pays off.

Lillie Wed 28-Jul-21 11:50:58

i did not enjoy it
the family were nice but they didn't achieve much maybe due to lockdowns and their other jobs
kate humble is getting annoying

Chardy Wed 28-Jul-21 19:44:38

Thank you CalendarGirl, I'd never have watched this without your prompt. I loved it. I thought the whole family were amazing, and they did so much in the 6 months or so. Brilliant TV, and I thought Kate Humble struck a good balance between being realistic and being positive.

Calendargirl Wed 28-Jul-21 19:47:43

You’re welcome Chardy, glad you enjoyed it.

Chardy Wed 28-Jul-21 21:31:33

Enjoyed it? I'm fighting binge-watching Series 1!