Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Corrie

(130 Posts)
sodapop Fri 20-Aug-21 12:40:56

Did anyone else see the scene between Brian & Abi on Weds night. It was so well done, brought a tear to my eye.

Aveline Thu 23-Sep-21 12:35:25

Sarnia- noooooo I like Audrey! I hope it's not her. Kevin maybe? I wonder who it will be. I suppose they have to keep Shuttleworth's in business!

Sarnia Thu 23-Sep-21 10:58:34

There is a blockbuster week in October with 1 of the Corrie residents being killed. I think I will stick my neck out and have a guess at Audrey. By the way who let Gail back in the country?!

Galaxy Thu 23-Sep-21 10:24:49

I was about to say is there not a massive age gap but looked it up.and Daniel is only 25?

Sarnia Thu 23-Sep-21 10:18:36

I can't take to Freda. Locking Aled in the Community Centre with her so he missed his cochlear implant operation. Who does she think she is? Aled isn't her son. I can't think of a more boring pair than Cathy and Elaine. More life in a tramp's vest than those two. I read somewhere that there is an interesting storyline coming up for Daniel. He is getting very close to Summer, helping her with her Uni application. Summer, young, blonde and pretty; bit like Sinead.

NotTooOld Wed 22-Sep-21 21:02:11

Too much 'signing' in tonight's episode although I admire the actors who must have learned to sign to play their role. Corrie is getting very preachy.

sodapop Mon 20-Sep-21 21:50:39

Think they have something planned for her Calendargirl don't want to spoil it though.

Calendargirl Mon 20-Sep-21 20:56:55

Not keen on Freda, she just seems to want Aled to remain deaf, glad Gemma stands up to her.

Hope she leaves after the funeral.

Calendargirl Mon 20-Sep-21 20:44:37

Oh, so pleased that the policeman who came to see Zeedan in hospital was PC Craig, nice to see a familiar face when you’ve just been ‘jumped’

Expect good old Nurse Aggie will be doing a stint in A&E also.

Just need someone (Chesney, Ryan, Daisy?) to re-train as a paramedic, and we would have a hat trick of emergency workers on hand permanently on the Street.

NotTooOld Sun 19-Sep-21 16:39:25

Yes, Zeedan is another one with new hair and, I agree, he does look like a Lego man and he was trained in acting at the same establishment as the young footballer - The Wooden School of Acting.

I've gone off Jasmeen (Jasmine?) She so overacts. George is good, though. He'll have to keep an eye on the horrible Todd.

Calendargirl Sun 19-Sep-21 06:59:17

I think Daniel is really attractive now, his new hairstyle suits him.

Don’t know when he did all his teacher training, but he looks a confident teacher. Probably Ken has tutored him.

vegansrock Sun 19-Sep-21 05:20:54

I think it’s Wetherfield High, or maybe it’s an academy now, but I don’t recall Daniel doing teacher training, he was doing a masters a while back. I think Bertie goes to nursery The quads must be the quietest children ever, they always seem to be all asleep, Gemma hardly seems to ever look after them. I like the way she has learned sign language.

Lucca Sun 19-Sep-21 02:40:28

NotTooOld

What has Daniel done to his hair? It's gone all short and choppy. And when did he qualify as a teacher and get a job at Bessie Street School? Who looks after Bertie? It can't be Beth or Kirky as they both work at the knicker factory.

Surely it’s not Bessie street . Isn’t max at secondary school now ? But I agree … how did that just happen

Curlywhirly Sat 18-Sep-21 22:21:16

What has Zeedan done to his hair? He looks like he has a helmet on - reminds me of the hair on a Lego man!

NotTooOld Sat 18-Sep-21 22:10:53

Ooh yes, meant to say, quite agree we don't want Rula Lenska back on a permanent basis, daahling.

NotTooOld Sat 18-Sep-21 22:09:55

What has Daniel done to his hair? It's gone all short and choppy. And when did he qualify as a teacher and get a job at Bessie Street School? Who looks after Bertie? It can't be Beth or Kirky as they both work at the knicker factory.

Lucca Fri 17-Sep-21 08:52:30

Do hope Rula Lenska won’t be coming back…..

Kandinsky Fri 17-Sep-21 08:21:21

What’s the betting Alina returns in a couple of years with a toddler.

Sarnia Fri 17-Sep-21 08:18:01

I have always enjoyed Corrie because whatever the storyline, however doom and gloom it may be, there is always some humour to be had. I liked the scene in the Rovers with Mary and Freda both demanding centre stage in arranging Norris's funeral. Mary with her giant floral stapler and bagpiper (she will be trying to arrange the Red Arrows next). George Shuttleworth is a welcome addition to the street and Tyrone's attempt at wooing Fizz back was hilarious. He is really offended that Fizz is moving on so quickly with another man. People in glass houses, Tyrone. Alina's final scene with her refusing an alcoholic drink and rubbing her tummy leaves her return a distinct possibility. There appear to be a couple of juicy storylines coming up concerning Daniel Osbourne and David's sinkhole. Hopefully it might swallow up the Bailey family.

BlueBelle Fri 17-Sep-21 08:15:44

It’s funny how it works Max is nothing like the last actor and I wonder what happened to his ADHD
Dev s son Adi has changed, a bit ago too
Fizz and Phil don’t convince me somehow they don’t seem to go together not sure why
We seem to have lost Nicks son too I hope he doesn’t re-emerge as a different child

Calendargirl Fri 17-Sep-21 07:56:11

Yes, it’s a new actor playing Max. Obviously getting into a more teenage role for him, sooner than a child one.

Calendargirl Fri 17-Sep-21 07:55:07

Gemma seems really good at sign language, must have worked hard at that in real life.

honeyrose Fri 17-Sep-21 07:54:40

Has anyone noticed how Max (David’s son/stepson) has shot up in height? Obviously children do grow, but it’s all been a bit sudden. I’m sure it’s a different actor playing him - and his voice has broken! As for Dev’a acting - I was literally cringing - appallingly bad. I’ve never rated his acting anyway, but this was just dreadful.

BlueBelle Fri 17-Sep-21 07:52:01

It’s hilarious isn’t it No the garage has no workers in it Abi s gone AWOL Kevin’s sucking his thumb and Tyrone is running round after his women like a scolded cat
I do like the funeral guy George I didn’t think I would at first but he’s grown on me considerable and I think he’s rather sweet with Eileen they are always at cross purposes
The actress who plays Freda really is deaf

vegansrock Fri 17-Sep-21 07:46:11

I see they are lining up Daniel to be the new Ken. When did he do his PGCE?

Calendargirl Fri 17-Sep-21 07:21:57

I marvel at how they all afford everything when work gets abandoned at the drop of a hat. Take the garage. Just lately, Kevin and Abi have been at court quite a lot (understandable), leaving Tyrone to do the work of 3. But he has always been dashing off, either to school to sort Hope out, counselling sessions for Hope, dashes to hotels or airports in pursuit of Alina….. Does he still do deliveries for Dev? When does he fit it in, aside from setting up intimate dinners for his ex plus expensive bottles of wine ?

They all seem to dine regularly in the Bistro. Certainly ‘Eat Out To Help Out’ in Corrie world.

And back to the garage, does anyone’s car actually get its MOT or repairs completed?