Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Coronation street

(1001 Posts)
Allsorts Wed 22-Sep-21 20:55:26

Freda and the implants for Aled. Now she has kidnapped the little chap to stop the operation. She comes over as the most impossibly selfish woman and I have no sympathy for her. One storyline that has disappointed.

Ashcombe Thu 31-Mar-22 06:09:43

MaryMary1952

I’m enjoying watching the re-runs from 2000 more than today’s storylines.

Me too, MissMary1952! I’m a big fan of Classic Coronation Street because it is well written with believable characters and convincing plots.

vegansrock Thu 31-Mar-22 05:00:53

Sally and Tim - get a room - or at least have the b*lls to tell Elaine to move out. I knew Imran would fight for custody of the baby, but he’s got to tell Toyah first - since when did she become as dull as ditchwater? Who is interested in Summer’s revision and are Billy- Todd- Paul in a threesome now? Who is with who? I’ve lost track I thought they’d all fallen out. What’s the betting she has to do retakes to drag it out for another year.

BlueBelle Wed 30-Mar-22 21:51:16

Grannynannywanny I m same as you I ve watched it for as long as I can remember and can’t recall all those things
Very impressive
Yes Sally and Tim are getting on my nerves bring a bucket of water someone

MaryMary1952 Wed 30-Mar-22 21:46:06

I’m enjoying watching the re-runs from 2000 more than today’s storylines.

Allsorts Wed 30-Mar-22 20:34:56

Sally and Tim sex scenes just silly and cringy. Fed up with the mother in law from hell, no one would put up with her. Also getting to dislike Kelly, but I still keep watching, I don’t know whose writing it but people want the domestic story lines, the humour, not all the partner swapping, everyone’s slept with everyone, mad killers, who just go to prison for a week anyway. Steve has turned into a blob. We need a Jack and Vera, no violence just the banter and the humour.

lemsip Wed 30-Mar-22 20:14:04

I think the sally and tim scenes bought light relief from the dying laura....murderer gary , abi and baby.....no proper storylines joining anything up as corrie once was though.

Rosina Tue 29-Mar-22 22:14:18

The scripts are often laced with heavy and unsubtle innuendo; the Tim and Sally scenes and the remarks about Australia were cringe worthy. Also the number of times that Tim's Mum has burst in at 'just the wrong moment' ; unlikely and almost pantomime. They are decent actors - I wonder how they feel delivering such silly lines?

Grannynannywanny Tue 29-Mar-22 10:28:50

I’m impressed by your ability to recall past storylines Calendargirl. I’d forgotten most of those stories you mentioned. The Sally and Tim situation is like a Carry On movie from the 70s.

It must have been nurse Aggie’s day off. I was expecting her to turn up at Laura’s hospital bedside and encourage her to reveal she’s not the murderer.

Calendargirl Tue 29-Mar-22 07:01:05

I didn’t think the Tim/Sally storyline could get any worse…. but I was wrong!

If only Sally had been such a sex bomb in her earlier years, she and Kevin might never have split up…. no Natalie Barnes, no marriage with that poor little girl who died in childbirth (I think), no affair with Molly, no Jack, certainly no Abi,…..cannot remember all the other flings and affairs they both had…..

The whole history of the Street could have been so different…

Doodledog Mon 28-Mar-22 17:16:12

They are the ultimate dysfunctional family aren't they? But then that could apply to every last one of them. There really isn't a 'normal' household left grin.

Clawdy Mon 28-Mar-22 16:25:45

I've always liked Tim and Sally but, yes, the sex scenes are cringey and silly. As for the Laura storyline, very noble to confess for the sake of Kelly's future, but then Kelly will have to live with the horrible knowledge that her mum killed her dad!! Even though she didn't!

Calendargirl Sat 26-Mar-22 07:11:43

Didn’t realise Craig was on ‘gardening leave’. Shouldn’t think anyone else did either. Thought that was for people who were being made redundant, not just choosing to resign.

Incidentally, didn’t Gary and Maria ever get married? Noticed she was being addressed as ‘Councillor Connor’ not Windass. Or perhaps she just decided to keep her former name of course.

I thought the Tim/Sally scenes were cringe making. And if anyone looks ready for a heart attack, it’s Steve McDonald. Does he ever do anything nowadays, apart from lolling on the sofa, or keeping the Rovers and Bistro in business?

BlueBelle Sat 26-Mar-22 06:20:47

I thought the Sally/Tim ‘sex scenes’ were pretty boring and went on way too long
It struck me that the writers didn’t really know where to take the Gary story so just fizzled it out and the same with Adam/Sarah The taking the old girlfriends out to dinner was pretty ridiculous …as if …..and where did she pop up from ?

Grannynannywanny Fri 25-Mar-22 22:14:11

Well that was a few loose ends tied up in one evening. Gary is off the hook for Rick’s murder, Adam and Sarah have rekindled their romance and dopey Craig was only on temporary leave and and can now resurrect his police career. The street will be a safer place now he’ll be back on the beat. But if he gets too inquisitive Gary might just have to deal with him.

Doodledog Fri 25-Mar-22 21:17:38

That's a relief, in a way.

I really don't like the murders and gangland goings on in Corrie. I much prefer the domestic storylines, and the 'everyday' situations. I know that crime happens everywhere, but not to the extent that virtually every household in one street has at least one ex-con in residence.

Speaking of which, I'm glad Craig is going back to join the forces of law and order. The Wetherfield community can sleep more soundly now that's on the cards.

Has the GP been on her holidays, incidentally? Aggie is keeping her end up meddling with hospital-based medical situations, but it seems as though nobody has needed an ad hoc consultation in the medical centre for ages. Maybe Faye's pregnancy will sort that out?

Calendargirl Fri 25-Mar-22 21:00:01

Well, that was a turn up!

Laura falling on her sword to leave Gary free to take care of Kelly. If she soon dies, she’ll never come to trial.

Win, win for Gary.

Calendargirl Fri 25-Mar-22 20:12:46

Isn’t it good to see Sarah and Adam back together ‘again’?

“My darling”.

?

Rosina Thu 24-Mar-22 18:40:32

I thought that too - how very 'Superman' - thrown from a balcony, unconscious, brain surgery, and - he presto- there he is, dancing about in his usual 'can't keep my feet still' way. Will he relapse as a result of this foolish trip to Weatherfield Police Station?

Calendargirl Thu 24-Mar-22 18:16:35

I thought that Lydia’s son Finn would turn out to be Adam’s, but it seems she had an abortion. Of course, that might be another plot twist further along the line.

Adam looked to be at death’s door, with a bleed behind the eye and risk of blindness, but an hour or two after surgery was able to rise from his bed of pain and pop over to the police station. Then back to bed again.

Doodledog Thu 24-Mar-22 18:11:18

Is Gary flirting with Kelly's mum?

And is she really ill, or is it a trick to persuade Kelly to look after her?

NotTooOld Thu 24-Mar-22 17:58:35

Was it just me or did anyone else find it difficult to hear last night's episode? Some of the actors seemed to be mumbling even more than usual.

I did notice that Gary's hair is looking better. His previous style was dreadful.

Sarnia Thu 24-Mar-22 13:21:12

Thank goodness the Lydia, Adam, Sarah farce has ended and with a whimper. It looks like the next major storyline will be Weatherfield County FC building their new stadium on a brownfield site where Garry buried Rick's body. Meanwhile, Beth may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but she is finally starting to wonder why her Craigy has left his dream job in the police. Faye had better keep out of her way if Beth finds out.

Grannynannywanny Thu 17-Mar-22 13:19:41

Calendargirl

Did anyone else think it looked odd when Toyah, Imran and Elsie were walking down the street, all in single file?

Yes it just looked silly. Perhaps due to covid restrictions but if so they would have been better not to have that scene.

Grannynannywanny Thu 17-Mar-22 13:16:38

I’m thinking along the same lines as J52. I think there’s going to be further problems with the baby that will require tests and and blood sampling from the parents. I think it’ll come to light that the baby has no genetic link to Imran. ( who said I’ve got too much time on my hands?!!)

Calendargirl Thu 17-Mar-22 12:41:56

Did anyone else think it looked odd when Toyah, Imran and Elsie were walking down the street, all in single file?

Surely as loving foster/ soon-to-be adoptive parents, at least one of them would have been holding her little hand?

At least we heard Elsie speak a few words for the first time.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion