Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Emmerdale drama

(19 Posts)
Shinamae Sat 23-Oct-21 20:42:35

I think Roy should move to Emmerdale!! ?

sodapop Sat 23-Oct-21 13:01:36

Don't give them any more ideas Exdancer I won't be able to sleep worrying about it all grin

ExDancer Sat 23-Oct-21 12:32:08

Yes, they could all have escaped the maize maze by crashing through the plants. A farm near us has one and it wouldn't be at all difficult - but apart from that small detail its more believable than those weird drains in Corrie.
But I agree with sodapop Roy is a star, and its a shame Dev's been turned into a clown.
And those sinkholes! Are they going to demolish the whole street? All we need now is a WW2 bomb.

JaneJudge Sat 23-Oct-21 12:25:41

The flare gun started the fire apparently

FindingNemo15 Sat 23-Oct-21 12:24:43

How did the fire start?

I think David's hair is awful.

I cannot see how Meena will get caught out and she will never admit to her previous crimes if she does.

JaneJudge Sat 23-Oct-21 12:18:08

even for soapland it was far fetched and how long before they re watch the water camera thing? it will be the big Christmas storyline I imagine and really David is not a good catch is he? all those children and he runs a shop...though I imagine it sells nice cheese and nice bread..I have changed my mind. He is a good catch wink

sodapop Fri 22-Oct-21 18:54:04

Ah but this is soapland Janejudge suspend disbelief smile

JaneJudge Fri 22-Oct-21 16:53:41

Andrea could have broken her way out through the stalks of maize to escape from Meena.

quite!

gillgran Fri 22-Oct-21 16:46:56

I think both Emmerdale & Coronation Street's dramatic episodes have been over the top... especially as they are all shown before the watershed time..?
( I'm still watching though. smile

lavenderzen Fri 22-Oct-21 09:31:42

Very good acting, watch it ever night.

rafichagran Fri 22-Oct-21 09:18:04

I have enjoyed it. It's a well acted drama.

Grannynannywanny Fri 22-Oct-21 08:42:46

I watch Emmerdale and Corrie and have been glued to both this week. I’ve found Meena’s pantomime villain style acting OTT for weeks and she went into overdrive with it this week.

The rope bridge scenes were dramatic but the maize maze scenes made me laugh. Andrea could have broken her way out through the stalks of maize to escape from Meena.

I wonder if that’s the end of Andrea. I suspect she might end up in hospital with scary Meena skulking round the corridors intent on finishing her off.

Gingster Fri 22-Oct-21 08:37:51

Yes I’m enjoying it. I only caught the second episode last night as I was at book club.. How did the fire start?

JaneJudge Fri 22-Oct-21 08:00:00

I thought both corrie and Emmerdale have been completely OTT this week. What on earth possessed them?

sodapop Thu 21-Oct-21 12:33:05

The Emmerdale drama trumps the Corrie one but both leave a lot to be desired.
I feel more invested with the Emmerdale characters than the Corrie ones at the moment. With the exception of Roy Cropper of course.

Kate1949 Thu 21-Oct-21 11:40:08

I've never seen an episode.

Shinamae Thu 21-Oct-21 10:57:26

I absolutely love Emmerdale and have not bothered with EastEnders for years and Coronation Street for about eight months…. I agree it is very well acted and the scenery was beautiful…

Kim19 Thu 21-Oct-21 10:56:34

I'm fascinated by how athletic they all are. Prospective olympians?

Bea65 Thu 21-Oct-21 10:54:59

Any GNs enjoying the scary drama in Emmerdale at moment? Think its beautifully shot and actors seem very authentic in their'terrifying' moments!