Coronation Street- continued.

(1001 Posts)
Calendargirl Thu 31-Mar-22 06:45:06

New thread required, old one full.

Kandinsky Sat 05-Nov-22 07:38:14

grin

Calendargirl Sat 05-Nov-22 07:20:38

Looking ahead 7 months or so….

Assuming the pregnancy carries on, I am already planning the delivery….

As well as Summer (who will actually be the one giving birth), the delivery room will include,

1. Aaron
2.Billy
3.Todd
4.Paul
5.Esther
6.Her husband(forgotten his name)
7.Aaron’s dad (now sober, courtesy of E and her DH)
8.Amy
9.Jacob.
10.Asha.
11.Aadi.
12.Doctor Gaddas.
13. Oh, and Nurse Aggie of course, who will just happen to be around to deliver the baby when the midwife is unavailable.

Have I missed anyone out?

sodapop Sat 05-Nov-22 07:11:57

That's right Doodledog I got them confused.

Agree BlueBelle any self respecting eighteen year old would have told them to be on their bikes ages ago.

Kandinsky Sat 05-Nov-22 07:11:36

The way Summer’s ‘three Dad’s’ watch her every move is really creepy. She’s 18 fgs.
It’s bordering on controlling abusive behaviour in my opinion.

BlueBelle Sat 05-Nov-22 06:14:40

It should be called a comedy I think
I ve no idea why I watch and even look forward to it and then are vastly disappointed just shows how little there is to watch
I cannot believe Summer is so compliant with the three stooges pecking into her business an 18 near.y 19 year old would have been telling them to butt out long, long ago
Amy looks different, what’s changed ? And I don’t think Daniels beard suits him at all
Leo’s forgotten about now ….it wouldnt surprise me if Steven didn’t actually kill him and Leo is wandering around somewhere with amnesia…. how else? because all the bins must have been emptied long ago so can’t imagine how it can come to light now unless Steven talks in his sleep

vegansrock Sat 05-Nov-22 05:52:39

They seem to get doctors appointments really quickly- and is there only one Dr in that medical centre? Yes ridiculous storyline I’m fed up with it already. Didn’t Faye give her baby away as well? No doubt Nurse Aggie will be giving out her advice soon. As for all those people in Ken’s house and no toilet- who cares? Though rather funny that the builder fixed it on reading about Tracey’s past.

Doodledog Sat 05-Nov-22 00:14:35

I think Cilla was Chesney's mum - it was Janice who was married to Les B. I record the 'Classic' episodes and binge them when Mr Dog is out, so 'remember' a lot of the old stories from that grin. At the moment, Janice is having a passionate affair with Dennis, Eileen's partner. The relationship is obviously going to end in tears.

sodapop Fri 04-Nov-22 21:09:54

I think the racist/ fascist story line could be interesting as well Doodledog but as you say needs to be treated carefully.
I read that Cilla ( wife of Les Battersby ) is going to be in Doctors a completely different role for her.

Doodledog Fri 04-Nov-22 21:02:26

Idiotic. And how many 18 year olds take their dad with them to the doctor's?

We still don't know where poor dead Leo is, do we?

The Max and the fascists/nazis storyline could go either way. It's an interesting area to explore, but needs careful handling.

Calendargirl Fri 04-Nov-22 20:44:03

And when did Speed Dahl get to be so busy again?

A couple of weeks ago they had no customers and were thinking about closing. Now they are so busy they are hiring staff willy nilly.

As for Summer pretending she is no longer pregnant….

Calendargirl Fri 04-Nov-22 20:16:35

Nice to see Doctor Gaddas again, dispensing kindly advice and the eternal leaflet.

Poor Summer, she’s only about eight weeks pregnant, if she feels bad now, don’t know how she’ll get through labour.

NotTooOld Wed 02-Nov-22 12:01:29

Agree. I used to watch it with my mum and have always watched it since, sort of in her memory. My mum, if she was still around, would probably have given up years ago!

Sara1954 Wed 02-Nov-22 06:29:49

Caught up a bit last night, I really don’t care what Summer does, just get her and those three ridiculous men off our screens, it really is a very stupid and unrealistic storyline.
As for Bernie, an even more stupid storyline, but enormous relief there was no Tim and Sally.
I watch it out of habit, it’s still capable of making me smile, but it really is a very silly program now.

Doodledog Mon 31-Oct-22 20:06:45

Money comes and goes on the cobbles. Kevin won the lottery a while ago (£200,000 if memory serves), and Sally managed to get awarded half as they were still technically married. It was a lot of money the time. I don't know if Sally used it to buy the (then) new house, but neither of them ever showed signs of having money, and Sally has always worked so could have paid a mortgage on the house. Oh, there were Rosie's school fees, I suppose.

Audrey's money seems pretty fluid too. Most of it has come from men she's been married to or involved with, and most seems to have been swindled away by other men in her life.

Rita seems to be worth a fortune, but Ken, who inherited a house and has had professional (and pensionable) jobs for decades seems to be on his uppers most of the time, and had to supplement his pension by pushing trolleys at Fresco's (which doesn't seem to be trading these days, does it?).

The factory changes hands a lot - didn't Nick do something to con someone out of ownership?

Calendargirl Mon 31-Oct-22 18:28:01

Carla’s strange ex died, can’t remember how, he killed Liam didn’t he?

Was there the chance he was going to kill Maria also, but he didn’t. Was his name Tony?

Rosina Mon 31-Oct-22 17:17:46

Having read mention of Maria, where did all her money go? She was married to Liam(?) who owned/part owned the factory, and then heavily involved with Carla's strange ex who, I believe, left her everything when he died. Can't remember how he left The Street - certainly wasn't in a taxi. Do the scriptwriters get bored with a storyline at times, and just abandon it?

Calendargirl Sun 30-Oct-22 17:02:33

Eileen’s head bump is obviously a lead in to her leaving for a stint on ‘I’m A Celebrity’.

vegansrock Sun 30-Oct-22 16:55:29

The Bethany grooming story was quite a good one.

Doodledog Sun 30-Oct-22 16:33:29

I'll have a think, Calendargirl grin. Definitely Richard Hillman though!

Can someone explain what is going on with Eileen please? She fell and bumped her head, woke up with a different personality, then Todd said something that made her angry - what was it?

nadateturbe Sun 30-Oct-22 14:19:26

I'm missing Neighbours very much, but not missing Coronation Street at all.

nadateturbe Sun 30-Oct-22 14:17:50

Supercop Craig 😁

Grannynannywanny Sun 30-Oct-22 09:17:53

I’m confused (admittedly it doesn’t take much) about the boring storyline of the undercover Spider and his unsavoury contacts. I thought Griff was a save the planet activist. But now he seems to be a racist right wing extremist.

Whatever they are I hope super cop Craig rounds them up. Where are you when we need you our Craigy? So many unsolved crimes awaiting your attention and you’ve disappeared !

Calendargirl Sat 29-Oct-22 15:26:33

needs a few good stories

What did we think constituted ‘good’ stories? Not harking back to Ena Sharples’ day, but one or two come to mind….

1. The body under Gail’s extension, or whatever it was. Max’s real dad, can’t remember his name, Sarah’s nasty boyfriend who was killed by Max’s mum, (David’s girlfriend), excellent acting by all.

2. Pat Phelan, need we say more?

3. Carla’s ex, think it was, who dated Maria and killed various people. Did he run the factory?

4. The Richard Hillman saga.

Unfortunately, these storylines all involve murders, but unlike the silly Stephen/Leo one, we usually found out where the bodies were buried.

vegansrock Sat 29-Oct-22 08:54:19

I know it’s beyond dreadful at the moment, not quite as bad as Emmerdale if the clips on Gogglebox are anything to go by, but that’s a low bar. I’m waiting for Alina to tun up with baby in tow, the body in the bin to turn up wherever it is, Stephen to murder Audrey- needs a few good stories.

Grannynannywanny Sat 29-Oct-22 08:13:28

I didn't watch Wednesday or Friday. Have given up. Waste of time that I won't get back

I know how you feel nadateturbe. It’s the only soap I’ve watched faithfully over the years but I’m almost at the stage of giving up on it. Some of the current storylines are dire. Last night’s nonsensical episode has my nomination for being the worst yet.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion