Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Britbox

(9 Posts)
Anniebach Thu 05-May-22 15:37:22

I am enjoying watching Ballykissangel

Aveline Thu 05-May-22 15:11:27

Glad I got it by the sound of it. I'll try to see as much as poss for the six months it's free then see if I want to pay £5.99 a month after that.

Ilovecheese Thu 05-May-22 14:22:51

The Magpie Murders.
Why Didn't they ask Evans?
The Beast Must Die.

These are new ones specially made for Britbox.
Plenty of old series e.eg. Survivors

PollyDolly Thu 05-May-22 14:13:15

We have been watching Tenko from the 1980's. I only watched a few episodes the first time around and thoroughly enjoying it now.

Also found Jonathan Creek on BritBox too.

ayse Thu 05-May-22 14:10:46

Sandi ton is definitely on BritBox. It’s on my list.

ayse Thu 05-May-22 14:09:53

Well, I love BritBox. Many of the current ITV dramas are there minus the ads. They have new additions every months. BBC, ITV and Channel 4 films plus their own productions. My favourites recently have been a rewatch of Call the Midwife and Downton. If you’re into Shakespeare and Opera it’s also available.

I recently watched Survivor about a virus from China that became a pandemic. I found it quite a scary tale.

Currently you can have a free trial for a week. It would be worthwhile just to have a look.

DillytheGardener Thu 05-May-22 13:59:05

I’ve been thinking of getting britbox, will be watching this thread with interest.
Netflix and Nowtv just seem to have total garbage, I’ve got rid of nowtv and thinking of getting rid of Netflix too now the prices are going up.

Sparklefizz Thu 05-May-22 13:49:40

I believe Sanditon is on Britbox. The first series was on TV and very enjoyable. The 2nd series is only (I think) on Britbox. It's a "Jane Austenesque" drama.

Aveline Thu 05-May-22 13:43:49

I've got six months free access to BritBox with my TV package. I've been looking at what's on offer and saw some goodies. I particularly enjoyed 'Death in Provence' with Roger Allan ( a nice change for Inspector Thursday!).
Any other suggestions or recommendations?