Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Sewing b

(33 Posts)
travelsafar Wed 01-Jun-22 21:20:26

I wonder how much the blonde girl who shouts out how much time left is being paid by bbc out of our tv licence money. She is awful and tonight really annoying with her stupid attempts at singing. She is spoiling the program for me.

Sparklefizz Thu 23-Jun-22 18:48:14

I can't stand Sara Pascoe - I would be most irritated if she interrupted me with her nonsense when I was in a great rush.

I loved the pink origami dress. Brogan didn't follow the brief at all.... it wasn't origami. Glad no one went home though.

GrandmasueUK Thu 23-Jun-22 12:17:50

midgey

Surely the garment of the week was the pink origami dress. I thought Sarah Pascoe was better last nigh! I think all the guff both she and Joe spouted must be scripted by someone (who should stop!)

Apologies, it certainly was pink. I've no idea why I remembered it as blue!
I quite liked the Haikus but disliked the singing!

Athrawes Thu 23-Jun-22 10:16:42

I enjoyed the Japanese session last night and it was lovely that noone went home! Looking forward to next week's final

midgey Thu 23-Jun-22 10:13:07

Surely the garment of the week was the pink origami dress. I thought Sarah Pascoe was better last nigh! I think all the guff both she and Joe spouted must be scripted by someone (who should stop!)

GrandmasueUK Thu 23-Jun-22 10:06:49

I paused the programme last night to read the notes on the pattern sheets. It was asking for the materials needed for the dresses, with a possible swatch so that buyers knew what to purchase. It said something about hair, makeup, shoes and underwear for the models, but I wasn’t quite sure if they were being provided by the production company or if they needed to be informed of what they would require,
I loved the blue garment of the week and the Mount Fuji dress was lovely.
I agree that Sara Pascoe seems to be getting less funny each week. I find her breathless little girl style of comedy so irritating. I miss Joe!

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 23-Jun-22 07:38:45

I’m afraid that Sarah Pascoe really annoyed me last night with her totally unfunny and inane comments. It seems obvious that she is driving the contestants up the wall.

TillyTrotter Thu 23-Jun-22 07:22:55

The kimono Esmay and her friend had designed the pattern for was so difficult. ?
Interesting to watch and only 1 of the 4 very talented sewers got to grips with all that material.
What a nightmare! I would have said “Taxi for Tilly” if I had been faced with that challenge ?
I wonder if the prog makers have made the projects more difficult when they realised the skill these ladies possess.

NotTooOld Wed 22-Jun-22 23:29:30

The pink one that won was lovely. I got the impression the competitors had earlier been given time to design the dresses and to make a pattern.

GrandmasueUK Wed 22-Jun-22 21:57:42

Can’t believe it’s the semi final already. The origami dresses look really complicated.

henetha Thu 09-Jun-22 11:02:35

Thank you Tilly... I will click on the link....

TillyTrotter Thu 09-Jun-22 11:01:33

Sorry - do not wish to derail this Sewing Bee thread…

TillyTrotter Thu 09-Jun-22 11:01:11

Bath and Portsmouth in the South West henetha in September.
Have a look on this link
joelycett.com/Comedy

henetha Thu 09-Jun-22 10:58:17

I'm so glad that he can tour again. I wonder if he will come down here? (south west). Yes, he is a favourite comedian of mine. smile

TillyTrotter Thu 09-Jun-22 10:54:55

Sadly I don’t think Joe will be back any time soon. He is doing his Day Job again now that Covid restrictions have been lifted and has a tour around the U.K. pretty much all of the summer this year (I’m sure you know he is a stand-up comedian).

H1954 Thu 09-Jun-22 10:30:17

I was also rather emotional last night when Gill had to leave......as was Patrick. What a truly inspirational lady she is.

henetha Thu 09-Jun-22 10:26:19

I love this programme. How tricky last night to make bras and pants.
Bring back Joe Lycett please. He was so funny.

LauraNorderr Thu 09-Jun-22 09:41:07

I agree Tilly.
Gill is an amazing lady and I too shed a tear. Sadly this time her garments weren’t up to scratch. The standard is quite high.
Debra’s jacket was the best transformation I’ve seen.

TillyTrotter Thu 09-Jun-22 09:21:22

Last night’s programme was excellent I thought.
How tricky is a bra to make? The sewers must have advanced skills before they enter themselves into the competition.
I have a GCSE in Needlework but would run a mile from some of the challenges set.
Even the transformation challenge was interesting and the best one - Debra’s jacket - was amazing.
Right decision to let the lovely Gill go. Her “leaving” speech had me in tears but she got so much more than sewing experience from being in the programme.

honeyrose Thu 02-Jun-22 23:27:37

LOVE the show not LIVE the show. Fat finger!!

honeyrose Thu 02-Jun-22 23:27:01

I can’t see the point of Sara Pascoe being there. I don’t find her particularly funny anyway and her comments seem forced and seem to fall flat (or receive polite laughter which also seems forced). I do live the show though.

Deedaa Thu 02-Jun-22 20:11:08

I loved Joe. He was always interested in what everyone was doing. Esme says they still meet up as friends.

shysal Thu 02-Jun-22 09:23:10

I fail to see why the presenters on this type of programme have to be a comedian. Joe spoilt the previous series for me, and this one is even worse in my opinion!

M0nica Thu 02-Jun-22 09:05:54

Yes, there is. Just posted on that thread saying exactly as OP says. Quite a lot of us consider her miscast.

The other thread has been running since the series started.

honeyrose Thu 02-Jun-22 09:01:11

What a mess I’m making - SEWING BEE!

honeyrose Thu 02-Jun-22 09:00:40

… on the Seeing Bee, I meant to say!