Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Today’s Pointless.

(4 Posts)
Calendargirl Wed 22-Jun-22 18:05:04

Just had to post this.

The jackpot round looked a dead cert as the female contestant had just said she watched a lot of reality tv, and lo and behold, reality tv was one of the subjects!

Of course that was the one she went for, but in her excitement, she didn’t read the question properly, and all her answers were for the wrong year!

Obviously, she felt such a twit after saying it was her favourite subject, but Richard Osman was so kind and supportive, saying the money wasn’t really important, but she had performed so well up to then and she wasn’t to beat herself up about it. Made her feel so much better I’m sure.

He was so good with her, I was very impressed with him, he really cared about how she felt.

merlotgran Wed 22-Jun-22 18:06:05

I felt so sorry for that poor girl.

Zoejory Wed 22-Jun-22 18:23:21

Oh we saw that! So happy when her perfect subject came up. But of course she didn't read the question properly in her excitement! I did wonder why she kept mentioning Season 1 and Season 2.

Such a shame but Richard was lovely and I'm sure she'll be able to look back and laugh! One day!

Pantglas2 Wed 22-Jun-22 19:53:17

I also watched and was astonished that such a knowledgeable young woman not only didn’t read the question properly but also didn’t listen to Anthony Armstrong reading it out either - Twice!?‍♀️