Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Suspect ITV

(47 Posts)
Streaky Mon 29-Aug-22 23:22:37

Watched the first episode tonight. It looks quite good, but it is confusing when the same actress appears in this and Ridley at the same time. And when a familiar actor appears as the friend of the Suspect you just know he has a bigger role to play, rather gives the game away or am I completely wrong?
You can tell I’m a great whodunnit/detective series fan!

JaneJudge Wed 28-Sep-22 09:01:43

it was a red herring?

Sparklefizz Wed 28-Sep-22 08:59:17

why has DJ spent £500 on a rubbish picture of a whale?

The picture of the whale was bought by O'Loughlan not DJ (who was the plumber) at the school fundraising because his daughter drew it for a school projecgt. I just don't know why it seemed significant in that scene when he returned to his home.

JaneJudge Tue 27-Sep-22 21:39:41

i thought it was good, i didn't really expect that outcome

Callistemon21 Tue 27-Sep-22 19:09:00

It was significant but I can't remember why.
Really must concentrate more!

Is Bobby trying to mess with O’Loughlin? Bobby carved a whale, O’Loughlin’s daughter drew a picture of a whale, can that really be a coincidence? (Obviously yes). And now some mysterious stranger has paid £500 for the whale picture at a school auction. Bobby? Probably not since it turns out he doesn’t actually have a job, doesn’t have a fiance and lives in a hostel.

‘why has DJ spent £500 on a rubbish picture of a whale?’

Did he? ? I missed that bit!

www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-suspect-episode-5-review/

Sparklefizz Tue 27-Sep-22 18:39:55

Yes Calli - you're right. And I didn't understand what was signified by him noticing his daughter's framed whale picture as he came into the house.

Callistemon21 Tue 27-Sep-22 17:59:20

Not even - "what about my toys?!!"

?

Callistemon21 Tue 27-Sep-22 17:58:31

They didn't look very shocked. Surely the little girl would want comforting?
Weird.

Sparklefizz Tue 27-Sep-22 17:42:32

Maybe it was shock? Calli

Callistemon21 Tue 27-Sep-22 16:29:42

Sparklefizz

I thought the last episode was exciting.

Spoiler Alert!

It was but I was puzzled at the family standing so calmly in the road afterwards, no tears, no appearance of having suffered a traumatic event let alone any sign of relief at being safe. Not even a hug. Just standing there looking bland.

sodapop Tue 27-Sep-22 16:04:48

Elspeth45

I agree Sodapop. I started watching here in Oz but turned it off! Love the books, especially Ruiz, but would never have imagined him as depicted in this series.

Exactly Elspeth45 Totally different character. I think that with the odd exception I always seem to prefer the book to the TV series.

This is strange I am talking to you in Oz from France on an English forum. The Internet is not all bad is it ?

Hellogirl1 Tue 27-Sep-22 15:06:04

Yes, it ended well.

Sparklefizz Tue 27-Sep-22 13:46:52

I thought the last episode was exciting.

Elspeth45 Wed 21-Sep-22 21:50:19

I agree Sodapop. I started watching here in Oz but turned it off! Love the books, especially Ruiz, but would never have imagined him as depicted in this series.

Callistemon21 Wed 21-Sep-22 21:01:59

JaneJudge

I've quite enjoyed it but I thought it was only 4 episodes and when it ended last night I was tired I thought well that is a crap ending followed by..there must be another episode grin blush

I loved being human, which he was in years ago. I was so sad they didn't carry it on

We thought exactly the same, JaneJudge
"Is that it?"

Perhaps it was only four episodes but the producers thought "Well, that was a crap ending, perhaps we'd better make another episode or two!"

JaneJudge Wed 21-Sep-22 20:35:31

I've quite enjoyed it but I thought it was only 4 episodes and when it ended last night I was tired I thought well that is a crap ending followed by..there must be another episode grin blush

I loved being human, which he was in years ago. I was so sad they didn't carry it on

Aldom Wed 21-Sep-22 20:20:18

Yes, I'm watching it. Actually enjoying it too. The plot seemed to come together in last night's episode. I wonder if there's a twist in the tale at the end.

welbeck Wed 21-Sep-22 20:15:22

i find it annoying. seems so contrived, but then i v rarely watch any modern drama, maybe that's how it is nowadays.
watching just to glimpse and identify locations.

Hellogirl1 Wed 21-Sep-22 18:11:47

GG13, that`s 2 of us, my Smyths toy catalogue arrived yesterday!

GrannyGravy13 Wed 21-Sep-22 16:17:01

BlueBelle

Why watch it if you don’t enjoy it ??

DH is watching it and by 9pm I am far too lazy to get off of my sofa and go and watch something else in another room ?

Last night I was flicking through Toy catalogues thinking ahead to Ch*****as

BlueBelle Wed 21-Sep-22 16:07:57

Why watch it if you don’t enjoy it ??

GrannyGravy13 Wed 21-Sep-22 15:58:50

Not really enjoying it, not invested in any of the characters consequently really not bothered what happens to them.

Callistemon21 Wed 21-Sep-22 15:53:21

Maggiemaybe

Goodness, I wouldn’t have recognised the gorgeous Aidan Turner! I do have form, though, and am a bit (maybe a lot) face-blind.

We finally got to see the film Elvis yesterday, and I noticed that Tom Hanks was in the cast list at the end. DH patiently pointed out that he played Captain Tom Parker, who was on screen nearly as much as the actor playing Elvis. grin

???
Tom played a very good part, if good is the right word.

I remember going to see Blood Brothers on stage years ago. Partway through I whispered to my friend "I thought David Cassidy was going to be in this". She said "That's him, prancing around on stage now as a little boy" ?
He was surprisingly good.

We're still staying with Suspect although I missed the first episode. It doesn't seem to have made any difference; it could have all been condensed.

sodapop Wed 21-Sep-22 15:51:07

Not enjoying it really, the books are so much better. Think I'm only watching to see if it improves.

Sparklefizz Wed 21-Sep-22 15:29:16

Hellogirl1

Still trying to decide if he`s good or bad, but enjoying it.

Me too. I keep flipping.

Hellogirl1 Wed 21-Sep-22 14:49:53

Still trying to decide if he`s good or bad, but enjoying it.