Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Tv last night David Tennant ‘Jnside man’

(75 Posts)
Gingster Tue 27-Sep-22 08:09:15

What did you think of it?
A bit different and had to keep alert but enjoyed it and will keep watching. I love DT and Stanley Tucci.

gulligranny Wed 19-Oct-22 16:20:24

We loved it, and glad we watched right up to and after the credits ... definitely looks like a set-up for another series.

Whole cast was great, particularly Stanley Tucci; his character was both charming and horrifying, and he played it perfectly. Definitely one of tv's better dramas so far this year.

Kate1949 Thu 13-Oct-22 17:22:17

I didn't understand the end.

Babs758 Thu 13-Oct-22 15:06:03

I agree about the music - it was very good but got intrusive once or twice and got in the way of the dialogue. Having watched after the end credits it is being set up for a Series 2 - this time with the Vicar as an "Inside Man"?

Caleo Fri 07-Oct-22 19:28:37

I mean, the vicar's hubris is why he got into trouble. He should have accepted that he could not personally save the verger man from his own folly.

Caleo Fri 07-Oct-22 19:25:33

The vicar character (David Tennant) was really conceited thinking he could behave as if he were Jesus Christ.

ElaineI Fri 07-Oct-22 18:15:37

It was odd. The music was so loud we had to turn it down a lot then the actors voices were too low and had to turn it up a lot. Acting was good but it took me a long time for me to understand the relationship between the characters.

Blinko Fri 07-Oct-22 17:27:46

I loved Tucci in this but the Vicar role was unbelievable. Barmy or what?

Judy54 Fri 07-Oct-22 16:41:38

I could not get into it at all. The best part for me was the music. It is a traditional American folk song called God's gonna cut you down. Johnny Cash made a recording of it but this one is a remake by John Grant of a group called the Czars. It is a brilliant song.

Eloethan Fri 07-Oct-22 14:54:48

I watched the first episode and found it unpleasant and unbelievable. I don't think I will bother to watch the episodes I had recorded.

Glorianny Thu 06-Oct-22 11:56:56

Actually I've decided I really didn't like it. I thought it trivialised child abuse. The vicar was more concerned about a "vulnerable" paedophile, and then his son, than abused children. You could say he got his comeuppance but I'm not sure that actually is true. The original reason for the actions got caught up in a lot of glamourised and complicated violence which was very watchable, if far fetched. I found it worrying.

notgran Thu 06-Oct-22 11:50:45

I sort of enjoyed it and it was full of tension and suspense but .... there was something missing the mark with it all. David Tennant is to my mind always worth watching but I don't think he was that convincing as this Vicar.

Jaxjacky Thu 06-Oct-22 11:14:14

We enjoyed it, certainly different.

Fernbergien Wed 05-Oct-22 11:57:24

I too like it. Odd. But intriguing. Need to put it together in your head!! A bit different.

Dottydots Wed 05-Oct-22 11:37:53

I loved it, even though I also thought it was very odd, but then I am quite odd too. Ha! Ha! just noticed that I'm wearing odd socks.

henetha Wed 05-Oct-22 10:10:07

Well, without giving anything away, I enjoyed the whole series even though it was definitely odd.

Esspee Wed 05-Oct-22 07:43:40

There is such a thing as “spoiler alerts”. If someone is reading a book you don’t give the ending away. It is sheer bad manners.

If you signal “spoiler alert” those who have yet to watch or read can avoid it.

Allsorts Wed 05-Oct-22 07:39:50

Only watched the first half hour, I thought being light hearted about such a sickening subject is normalising it. Haven't liked a lot of Tennants work lately, undeniably a good actor but not the dramas.
The plot and ending should not be given away, I only read about the first episode, leave it until the end before I look again for that reason.

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 05-Oct-22 07:37:21

Regarding a television series which has ended, what is the time limit before it can be discussed widely? Is there an actual rule such as wait for a week so everyone has watched it on catch-up, or maybe a day or two or three… Sorry, but why lose sleep over something which is so insignificant in the grand scheme of things?

luvlyjubly Wed 05-Oct-22 07:27:00

Deedaa

I really enjoyed the final part. I actually jumped when his wife was killed, I wasn't expecting that. I loved the way Stanley got the diggers to the attic and I loved all the black humour. But I'm currently enjoying Stephen Moffat and Mark Gattis's Dracula which I also love so that probably says something about me!

You’ve just spoiled it for me. I haven’t seen the last episode, and probably won’t now!

Esspee Wed 05-Oct-22 07:24:21

Deedaa

I really enjoyed the final part. I actually jumped when his wife was killed, I wasn't expecting that. I loved the way Stanley got the diggers to the attic and I loved all the black humour. But I'm currently enjoying Stephen Moffat and Mark Gattis's Dracula which I also love so that probably says something about me!

Why oh why would you want to spoil the series for everyone who has not yet finished it Deedaa?

It is simple manners to discuss without giving away the plot. You have ruined the series for me. I suggest you request GNHQ remove your post out of common courtesy.

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 05-Oct-22 07:19:54

Very odd…

Sarah74 Wed 05-Oct-22 07:16:10

DD just said ‘Did you see the scene AFTER the final credits?’ I hadn’t but I have now!! Odder and odder!

Knittynatter Wed 05-Oct-22 06:52:23

I really enjoyed it!

Deedaa Tue 04-Oct-22 23:21:05

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 04-Oct-22 22:40:37

Well I enjoyed it. Strange, but I like strange.