Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Dumfries House programme

(7 Posts)
Washerwoman Thu 01-Dec-22 20:02:46

Maybe I should have put this in the gardening section but I've just watched the programme on the restoration of Dumfries House but especially enjoyed seeing the amazing transformation of the grounds and garden.I had no idea there were so many parts to the estate and would love to visit.Did anyone else see it ?

merlotgran Thu 01-Dec-22 20:25:02

Yes I enjoyed it. Charles always comes across as a sincere, caring person whose passions centre around architecture, history, horticulture and the environment. He’s in a position to be able to encourage and inspire young people to follow their own dreams which he clearly enjoys doing.

Casdon Thu 01-Dec-22 21:35:02

I watched it, I’d added it to my bucket list after watching the Repair Shop episode with Prince Charles which was based there. It looks a really interesting place to visit. I didn’t realise until last night that the former owner was the Marquess of Bute, the Bute’s were major landowners in South Wales too, and also owned Cardiff Castle.

Caleo Fri 02-Dec-22 00:34:03

I loved the programme about Dumfries House. King Charles seems to be both practical and caring. Thank you.

Auntieflo Fri 02-Dec-22 10:33:07

We watched it last night and even DH enjoyed it.

Oldbat1 Fri 02-Dec-22 10:36:47

Yes definitely on the list of places to visit.

Floradora9 Fri 02-Dec-22 15:10:54

We have visited the house and gardens the furniture is worth a fortune . It is a lovely place.