Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Fall - Netflix

(32 Posts)
TerriBull Thu 09-Mar-23 10:33:12

If you don't like heights, then this isn't one for you! I don't know why I was drawn to it because I definitely don't. I can't remember gasping /screaming or hardly daring to look at a film, quite so much as I did with this one. Don't know how I got through it to the end really, not for the faint hearted1

FannyCornforth Fri 31-Mar-23 04:10:58

The reason Hunter had her bosom so visibly on show was for likes on social media.
She was obsessed with doing more and more dangerous stuff (with boobs) in order to raise her profile, she was addicted to it.
She did at one point take her bra off from under her vest and her boobs were ‘normal’

FannyCornforth Fri 31-Mar-23 04:06:54

Really enjoyable rubbish!
It was great as it was easy to follow - so many films confuse me with their complicated plots and multiple, interchangeable characters.
I really disliked Hunter aka Danger D.

biglouis Fri 31-Mar-23 03:14:12

It didnt show how they got her off. Of course a trained person could have been winched down while the helecraft hovered and got her into one of those stretchers they use for mountain rescue or shipwrecks.

Grandma2213 Fri 31-Mar-23 02:05:24

As an ex climber I just found it ridiculous how they broke almost every rule of climbing. I watched it to the end and was critical it all the way through. Totally underdressed presumably to show their cleavage and bums and I noticed their hair always blew back from their faces whichever direction they faced in the howling wind at the top of the tower. I did wonder how they got her off in the end. Too high to climb up and I wouldn't imagine a helicopter could get near enough for a rescue. Did I miss something? Maybe she hitched a ride on a passing vulture!

biglouis Sun 26-Mar-23 11:31:37

I just finished watching Fall and was not engaged by either of the two main charaters. So cant say I was much concenred whether they lived or died. Their entire dalogue appeared to comprise "Ok, you can do it".

I dont have a lot of sympathy or patience for people who do feckless things like potholing, climbing buildings, dangerous sports and so on. I do not think public money should be spent on rescuing them. They should be made to pay it back.

VioletSky Sat 25-Mar-23 23:49:07

I've just watched this and it was all I could do to walk upstairs to bed.

I have the collys and the wobbles

See you all at 3am when I wake from the inevitable nightmare

Chestnut Sat 11-Mar-23 17:54:32

I read that Netflix will notify the account holder that they will continue providing access for another person (not at that address) but the account holder will have to pay extra for it.

MerylStreep Sat 11-Mar-23 17:47:50

Netflix do mean it this time. I read a while ago that they have been concentrating on South America.
There won’t be any fines, you will just receive a bill.

informationsecuritybuzz.com/netflix-clamp-down-password-sharing-q1-2023/

silverlining48 Sat 11-Mar-23 17:39:43

Thanks Blondiescot, it’s all become clear

Oreo Sat 11-Mar-23 16:49:48

Ooooooh! That’s exciting, thanks Terribull will look into that.😃

TerriBull Sat 11-Mar-23 16:47:02

As Blondiescot described two separate productions, with this latest film there isn't any "the" it' simply "Fall".

Oreo do you know anyone who has Netflix they can set up several different viewing opportunities with others, perfectly legal, we get Netflix via our son so don't pay, whether this will continue remains to be seen, they're not doing that well or so I read a while ago.

Blondiescot Sat 11-Mar-23 15:40:23

silverlining48

I started watching The Fall tonight on Netflix.
Don’t recognise it from the comments on here.
Are there two Falls?

This is scary too but nothing vertiginous involved. Thank goodness.

Confused 🤷

There's The Fall series and then this film, which is just called Fall - two different things.

Urmstongran Sat 11-Mar-23 15:33:24

I will p.m. you Oreo!

Oreo Sat 11-Mar-23 12:56:37

Can’t afford Netflix, shame really as the stuff on there looks great.Saw some of Fall on Gogglebox tho, real edge of seat stuff hey? Is the dark haired girl really dead?

Urmstongran Sat 11-Mar-23 10:13:47

I watched it to the end Terribull. 🥇😁
Sensible me kept thinking ‘why on earth didn’t they tell someone - such as the waitress in the motel - where they were going?” If we’re not back here by 9pm send out the search party etc.
I know, she’d have said it’s a rusty old tower, access denied etc.
But they’d have still gone with a jump start.

I felt the ending was a disappointment though. Sudden. One minute it was just awful and gruesome and then the next, sugary stuff. It was as though the producers were over budget! “Right, wrap this up now!”.

It reminds me of that tense film “Open Water” where two holiday scuba divers don’t get counted back on the boat returning to the hotel. Based on a true story. Now that really freaked me out.

TerriBull Fri 10-Mar-23 09:02:10

Urmstongran

Bluddy hell Terribull! My palms are sweating. I keep thinking what if I was holding the rungs of that rusty metal ladder with them! I cannot believe I’m putting myself through this. My panic would be “I daren't even descend now I’m so scared”.

I think something is going to happen to Hunter too and Becky is going to have to get down alone ...

Yes it was touch and go Urmstongran especially once they got to the top and on to the "Pizza" platform part and then did that silly thing dangling off the edge for selfies, sweaty palms indeedshock I'm wondering, are there such high towers of that nature in the middle of nowhere in the US, or was that some optical illusion mock up. Anyway I conquered my fears and saw it through to the end grin

crazyH Fri 10-Mar-23 00:20:13

Yes I watched it ……. a bit white-knuckle but not that terrifying !!

silverlining48 Fri 10-Mar-23 00:08:22

I started watching The Fall tonight on Netflix.
Don’t recognise it from the comments on here.
Are there two Falls?

This is scary too but nothing vertiginous involved. Thank goodness.

Confused 🤷

Urmstongran Thu 09-Mar-23 22:42:00

Right. I’m switching off. I won’t sleep if I watch any more tonight my nerves are strung tight as cheesewire.

PerkyPiggy Thu 09-Mar-23 22:40:17

We watched this last night. Neither DH or I like heights which made it even more terrifying and thrilling.

Zoejory Thu 09-Mar-23 22:35:39

We saw this the other day. Great fun.

I must say I was a tad distracted by the heaving bosom. We were trying to work out if they were real. We decided not.

Urmstongran Thu 09-Mar-23 22:13:09

Bluddy hell Terribull! My palms are sweating. I keep thinking what if I was holding the rungs of that rusty metal ladder with them! I cannot believe I’m putting myself through this. My panic would be “I daren't even descend now I’m so scared”.

I think something is going to happen to Hunter too and Becky is going to have to get down alone ...

Urmstongran Thu 09-Mar-23 20:59:39

Got it up and playing right now Terribull on your recommendation. It’s No.1 on Netflix. Just under 2 hoursin length. I’m 10 minutes in. “Okay, lets go and climb your stupid tower!”. Uh huh. Things are going to get pretty hairy.

I hate heights. I couldn’t even go up the ladder into our loft when we had a house! And with heights such as these I know I’m going to feel panicky. At least I can freeze the screen now and again when I feel the need ....

I’ll report back tomorrow!

GrandmaKT Thu 09-Mar-23 20:38:02

So scary! My palms were sweating all the way through. Do enjoy being 'safely scared' sometimes.

henetha Thu 09-Mar-23 19:16:05

I loved this even though it made my head spin a bit. It's really gripping!