Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

New Corrie Thread

(1001 Posts)
Doodledog Mon 22-May-23 22:44:02

Roll up, roll up!

The old one is full, so post your Corrie thoughts and observations here.

Doodledog Thu 09-Nov-23 00:17:59

Primrose53

Daisy has had a “lovely bath” but seems to have forgotten to wash off her makeup, complete with false eyelashes.🤣🤣

grin

Poor Dylan. I don't like all the bullying stories. Can none of the children in Soapland have happy childhoods?

Primrose53 Wed 08-Nov-23 21:01:14

Daisy has had a “lovely bath” but seems to have forgotten to wash off her makeup, complete with false eyelashes.🤣🤣

Calendargirl Wed 08-Nov-23 20:44:52

Considering Carla and co seemed to bend over backwards to help Izzy during Covid when she was vulnerable and couldn’t come in to work, she is very mouthy and instrumental in calling for a strike, “Everybody out!”

And Adam seems to have been usurped as everybody’s solicitor of choice, by Dee Dee’s new bloke (name escapes me).

CoolCoco Tue 07-Nov-23 21:21:10

I thought Carla had a kidney transplant because of alcohol - so why is she knocking back whisky?

Kandinsky Tue 07-Nov-23 08:44:34

Corrie has gone off the boil again

Definitely.
Very boring lately.
And wish they’d stop with the teenage bad boy storylines - so dire.

BlueBelle Tue 07-Nov-23 07:46:52

If he told mason to do one he’d probably get stabbed Callandergirl

Doodledog Tue 07-Nov-23 07:33:39

But I suppose that is what school life is for so many children.
Sadly I suspect it is. I heard some shocking things yesterday from someone perfectly ‘respectable’ with a child in an apparently good school.

Joseph is getting more like Hope every day. Facially I mean - he’s not a devil child grin. It’s becoming more obvious that they are real-life siblings.

Calendargirl Tue 07-Nov-23 06:47:51

I agree we don’t need another teenage sex story, especially as Dylan and the girl look so young .

Why are kids like that in thrall to awful characters like Mason? Drawling away in that voice, and telling Dylan to give him £20 for his lost bet. He should tell Mason to do one!

But I suppose that is what school life is for so many children.

vegansrock Tue 07-Nov-23 03:55:36

Not another teenage sex story. If Sean can’t control Dylan he should pack him off back to his mother’s. Has Dylan even got his own bedroom? Will Peter have a last minute fling with Toyah before he leaves the cobbles?

Primrose53 Mon 06-Nov-23 22:39:31

Corrie has gone off the boil again.

Doodledog Mon 06-Nov-23 21:09:31

Did he ever live in it?

It belonged to Denise if memory serves, and wasn't it the house that attracted Daisy to Daniel over Ryan in the first place?

Calendargirl Mon 06-Nov-23 20:47:37

Do Daniel and Daisy ever go to this house of his, to check on it?

They are putting it on the market, might need ‘a bit of a clear out then photos taken’.

Doesn’t sound like it might have much kerb appeal.

Didn’t he have tenants living there previously?

Probably needs decorating as well as a good clean and tidy.

confused

Doodledog Sat 04-Nov-23 21:22:32

Good plan grin. Contact the scriptwriters and see if they can arrange it?

LauraNorderr Sat 04-Nov-23 20:40:24

I’m inclined to agree, Courtney and Cassie should be dropped in to the sink hole never to return.

maddyone Sat 04-Nov-23 11:37:06

Doodledog

I wouldn’t care if I never saw her again. She’s awful.

Me too.

Doodledog Sat 04-Nov-23 11:34:16

I wouldn’t care if I never saw her again. She’s awful.

Calendargirl Sat 04-Nov-23 10:42:35

Doodledog

He'd be better suited to Amy, I think. Courtney has never seemed real, somehow.

A few of them don’t seem ‘real’ I suppose.

At least we are being spared the dreadful Cassie, who just comes across as a caricature somehow.

No doubt she will soon be gracing our screens again, with her wolffish fake grin and peculiar eyebrows and ghastly voice.

Doodledog Sat 04-Nov-23 10:35:42

He'd be better suited to Amy, I think. Courtney has never seemed real, somehow.

Calendargirl Sat 04-Nov-23 10:33:10

Been mentioned before, I know, but can’t take my eyes off Courtney’s face when she is on screen.

The mouth, lips, eyelashes, her face seems all twisted somehow, and makes it look as though talking is difficult.

Hope she’s left, poor delusional Aadi can do better.

lemsip Wed 01-Nov-23 09:30:06

I used to like daisy but as has already been mentioned there is no emotion in her voice whatever she says.

Lilypops Wed 01-Nov-23 08:59:59

Charleygirl15. I agree ,Daisy is a lovely girl but she talks quickly and through her nose , I can’t understand what she is saying unless I have subtitles on ,

Charleygirl5 Wed 01-Nov-23 08:21:31

I just wish Daisy would slow down her talking. She speaks so quickly even with subtitles I have problems following. Maybe it is my brain slowing down.

Clawdy Wed 01-Nov-23 08:02:02

The riverside scenes with Steve and Tim were really good tonight, for once some good writing.

Calendargirl Tue 31-Oct-23 16:20:53

Audrey’s always done U turns.

One minute she’s never speaking to Gail, Nick, David, Sarah again, threatening to cut them out of her will, and never see them again, then an episode or so later, they are all big mates again, “Sweetheart, what would I do without my wonderful family?…”

Same with her friends, Ken, Rita et al. Big fall outs, big make ups….

🤮

Doodledog Tue 31-Oct-23 13:28:42

I read recently that the average household has four (or possibly five) insulated cool bottles. I think it was in an article about decluttering, which is currently relevant to my interests, and was suggesting that one is often one too many and to consider whether you actually use them or not grin

Where are Daisy and Ryan getting hundreds (or it must be into thousands now?) of pounds to buy off Lauren? She has no proof of anything, so why don't they come up with as non-hurtful a story as they can to tell Daniel, if they aren't going to get together, and brazen it out? D was comforting R and Lauren got the wrong end of the stick, sort of thing. That would put a stop to her nonsense, but the longer they let her blackmail them the more incriminating it gets.

That was a quick U turn from Audrey, wasn't it? Silver-tongued Ken strikes again grin

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion