Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

BBC Radio 3 - Untouchable?

(3 Posts)
mae13 Tue 05-Mar-24 09:06:07

Apparently not, if Radio 3 controller Sam Jackson carries through his "threat" to shake up the medium. Is this another of the BBC's bids for the "yoof" market?
Leave it alone!

TinSoldier Tue 05-Mar-24 11:11:15

I don’t see anything particulary different or worrying about the changes. A few programmes are being moved about timewise and some are going to Radio 4 (The Verb and Free Thinking) and some coming from Radio 2 (Friday Night is Music Night).

It seems to be Saturdays which are undergoing most change. Record Review is being moved to the afternoon and Tom Service will host a new show from from 9am to midday. I like his voice so that should be a nice accompaniment for a relaxed Saturday morning.

www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2024/feb/26/a-james-bond-night-radio-3-boss-sam-jackson-shakeup-jools-holland

www.classical-music.com/news/dramatic-new-changes-afoot-in-the-new-radio-3-schedule

keepingquiet Tue 05-Mar-24 11:50:53

The BBC is always tinkering around with schedules- I wouldn't read too much into it and lots of young people ('yoofs') as you call them, appreciate classical music. Some of them are often on Radio 3!

Today's normal was yesterday's change.