Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Vienna Blood - anyone watching?

(12 Posts)
LovesBach Wed 20-Mar-24 22:12:35

Has anyone else seen this series on BBCiPlayer, filmed in Vienna? The interiors, streets and buildings shown are amazing. The stories are quite good too - a little different, and humerous. Vienna is now on my wish list for the summer. The title is evidently taken from a waltz composed by Strauss.

Litterpicker Thu 21-Mar-24 00:12:50

We watched this series a few years ago and enjoyed it. As you say, the backgrounds are wonderful and the pairing, if I remember correctly, of a police inspector and a young doctor and student of Freud (the time is early 1900s, I think) is interesting. I haven’t watched the more recent series yet.

Calendargirl Thu 21-Mar-24 06:50:56

Watched them all. Always have a soft spot for the policeman.

LovesBach Thu 21-Mar-24 08:36:59

There are three series on iPlayer, and it seems a fourth is in production. I wish I had found it earlier - 'beautiful architecture, and perfect settings for the house interiors and public buildings. I too have a soft spot for the dogged, sad faced Inspector, unlucky in love, and who seemingly has just one suit.

foxie48 Thu 21-Mar-24 09:08:56

Thanks, I'll look it up. always looking for a good series to watch.

Aveline Thu 21-Mar-24 09:09:47

I've loved this series. So beautiful and a bit different.

DamaskRose Fri 22-Mar-24 15:25:28

I loved this series but think I might have missed one so am off to have a closer look. Glad to hear there is to be another one. Thankyou LovesBach - great user name!

Whiff Thu 28-Mar-24 10:29:06

I loved all 3 series . Can't remember names but the Dr in it is also in Magpie murders with Lesley Manville also on iPlayer watch the series 3 times and still enjoyed it. Anyone liking Vienna Blood will like MM.

Labradora Thu 28-Mar-24 15:47:27

We both enjoyed this for all the reasons quoted but the OH in particular loved it.

He'll be delirious to know that there's a 4th series in production.

LovesBach Fri 05-Apr-24 10:20:59

I'm planning to watch Magpie Murders tonight - thank you Whiff.

AreWeThereYet Fri 05-Apr-24 10:55:44

Seen this a few times now. Loved it.

Aldom Fri 05-Apr-24 11:04:51

Thank you for the recommendation.
I shall watch the series from the beginning. I'll also tell a friend about it, as having been born in Vienna, she will enjoy the scenery.