Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

‘Whispering* Bob Harris stepping down

(12 Posts)
Jaxjacky Fri 05-Jun-26 09:40:56

He’ll be continuing his cancer treatment.
I shall miss his soporific, reassuring voice, he’s been a constant in my life, I wish him well and good luck.

RockingGrandma Fri 05-Jun-26 09:48:25

Just seen him on BBC Breakfast TV - such a lovely man, I will really miss his radio show. Also saw him when he was a compere for Music for the Marsden, the cancer hospital where my daughter was treated, but sadly died - do hope treatment gives him more time with his fabulous family, who obviously mean everything to him ♥️

Visgir1 Fri 05-Jun-26 13:08:22

He's a broadcasting Legend.. We all wish him well.

Purplepixie Fri 05-Jun-26 13:23:54

Wishing him well. A legend!

Bridey Fri 05-Jun-26 13:44:09

Will miss whispering Bob on the radio, he is the timeline of my life !
Hope his treatment is successful in keeping him comfy.

Fallingstar Fri 05-Jun-26 13:59:15

Sad to see Bob go, as others have said he has been a constant in our lives for a very long time. But wishing him well with his treatment and hoping he can now spend more time making memories with his loved ones.

Cossy Fri 05-Jun-26 14:16:36

He is a lovely man and will be missed. A real gentle man thanks

Cossy Fri 05-Jun-26 14:17:22

RockingGrandma

Just seen him on BBC Breakfast TV - such a lovely man, I will really miss his radio show. Also saw him when he was a compere for Music for the Marsden, the cancer hospital where my daughter was treated, but sadly died - do hope treatment gives him more time with his fabulous family, who obviously mean everything to him ♥️

So sorry to hear about your dear daughter flowers

Casdon Fri 05-Jun-26 15:07:35

I’m sorry to hear this news, he’s a broadcasting legend, with the loveliest voice, and such enthusiasm for country music. He will be missed on Radio Two, I’ve heard one or two of the broadcasters saying what a lovely man he us and how much they will miss him.

MollyNew Fri 05-Jun-26 15:25:40

Whispering Bob is one of those people who seems to have been part of our music scene forever. I will miss his radio programmes and I wish him all the best with his ongoing treatment.

MayBee70 Fri 18-Sept-26 14:38:35

Bob just put out a message on instagram to say his cancer treatment is still ongoing and it is under control again. And that he has some exciting news to announce next week.

Esmay Fri 18-Sept-26 16:35:04

I love his voice .
I have a friend,who looks and sounds like him .