Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Ludwig

(32 Posts)
Franbern Sat 08-Aug-26 16:57:46

Delighted that series 2 will be starting on 20th August. Thought that I would prepare by watching again the first series.
Am do doing on iplayer - and can now realise how really excellent this series was.
Thought I would just watch one episode each day, but having seen the first one, could not wait to onto the the second.

Calendargirl Tue 06-Oct-26 09:35:14

Have you watched the first series MayBee?

If you’ve started on the second one, it won’t make much sense, I think.

MayBee70 Tue 06-Oct-26 08:34:36

Finally started watching it but can’t get into it at all. I’ll persevere, though.

Maremia Fri 11-Sept-26 21:02:11

Have reached Episode 6.

Magenta8 Fri 11-Sept-26 18:10:14

The next three episodes are now on BBCi player.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 04-Sept-26 21:35:10

I found myself - reading something whilst watching it. It has become predictable and boring. Shame as the first series had promise I thought.

dragonfly46 Fri 04-Sept-26 21:17:31

Just watched the second episode and despite liking the first series won’t be watching any ore.

sodapop Fri 04-Sept-26 21:12:14

I like Ludwig but agree about Anna Maxwell Martin her character has become annoying and rather silly.

MollyNew Fri 04-Sept-26 20:48:50

I'm enjoying the second series of Ludwig. The characters have developed and I'm interesed to see where the story goes.

EllieAnne Fri 04-Sept-26 20:45:31

I really liked series one but struggling to follow this one. I’ll stick with it. I didn’t like professor T last time so I haven’t bothered with this one.

Oreo Tue 25-Aug-26 23:59:55

AGAA4

I'm enjoying it except for the part played by Anna Maxwell Martin. The character is ridiculous and irritating.

Isn’t she tho!
I think this series isn’t very good generally and I think the same of the other Cambridge sleuth Professor T.Hard to make head or tail out of the first episode.

Gracey Tue 25-Aug-26 20:45:10

We did the same, recently viewed the first series again, in preparation for the second.
Slightly disappointed by it.

No idea why Anna Maxwell Martin's character seems to have changed.

Is she over-acting or has she bizarrely turned into an irritating, childish woman? She's become a reporter so she's more involved with police investigations, but sadly, her role in series 2 seems contrived and she's not at all convincing. Such a shame.

David Mitchell remains an excellent actor. I love his wit.

Kateykrunch Tue 25-Aug-26 20:22:11

Magenta8

Kateykrunch

Magenta8

I have watched three episodes of series two on BBC iplayer (all episodes are now on there). I shall be careful not to throw up any spoilers.

I was a bit disappointed with episode one which to my mind was rather silly and I nearly didn't bother to watch any more but in episode two it seemed to get back into its stride.

Anna Maxwell Martin is starting to irritate me as her twitchy facial contortions seem to be increasing. David Mitchell and Dipo Ola both continue to give steady nuanced performances as the ongoing sub plot becomes more and more tangled.

I can only find the first 3 episodes of Series 2 on iplayer?

You are right. My mistake. I must have glimpsed series one.
Apologies.

Aww, no worries, I just didnt want to miss out, thank you.

Magenta8 Tue 25-Aug-26 18:17:31

Kateykrunch

Magenta8

I have watched three episodes of series two on BBC iplayer (all episodes are now on there). I shall be careful not to throw up any spoilers.

I was a bit disappointed with episode one which to my mind was rather silly and I nearly didn't bother to watch any more but in episode two it seemed to get back into its stride.

Anna Maxwell Martin is starting to irritate me as her twitchy facial contortions seem to be increasing. David Mitchell and Dipo Ola both continue to give steady nuanced performances as the ongoing sub plot becomes more and more tangled.

I can only find the first 3 episodes of Series 2 on iplayer?

You are right. My mistake. I must have glimpsed series one.
Apologies.

MollyNew Tue 25-Aug-26 18:13:05

JdotJ

NotSpaghetti

Why is she wearing such short skirts?
Have I missed something?

I wondered the same and don't get me started on her childish white ankle socks.

Wearing ankle socks with loafers has been in fashion this year apparently.

Kateykrunch Tue 25-Aug-26 16:54:49

Magenta8

I have watched three episodes of series two on BBC iplayer (all episodes are now on there). I shall be careful not to throw up any spoilers.

I was a bit disappointed with episode one which to my mind was rather silly and I nearly didn't bother to watch any more but in episode two it seemed to get back into its stride.

Anna Maxwell Martin is starting to irritate me as her twitchy facial contortions seem to be increasing. David Mitchell and Dipo Ola both continue to give steady nuanced performances as the ongoing sub plot becomes more and more tangled.

I can only find the first 3 episodes of Series 2 on iplayer?

JdotJ Tue 25-Aug-26 15:37:47

NotSpaghetti

Why is she wearing such short skirts?
Have I missed something?

I wondered the same and don't get me started on her childish white ankle socks.

AGAA4 Tue 25-Aug-26 13:59:16

I'm enjoying it except for the part played by Anna Maxwell Martin. The character is ridiculous and irritating.

Labradora Tue 25-Aug-26 12:53:31

I loved the first series and am a great David Mitchell fan. I'm attracted to Ludwig's digital hopelessness and envious of the clarity of his thought processes.
Re Series 2 I've watched the first three and enjoyed Episodes 1 and 3 but the obligatory murder in Episode 2 was silly.
I think that they will struggle to eke out the original plotline for too much longer.
All good things. I'm sure Mitchell will pop up in something else in due course.
😊🤔

twinnytwin Tue 25-Aug-26 12:17:18

We're loving it again. Watched two episodes of second series on iPlayer last night and had to find something else to watch afterwards as we were likely to watch the whole series in one go if we hadn't. Of course it's far fetched and ridiculous, that's the whole point.

Smileless2012 Tue 25-Aug-26 12:03:56

We've only seen the first episode of the second series and having enjoyed the first one we were very disappointed. Not sure if we'll bother watching any more.

Grannybags Tue 25-Aug-26 09:20:22

I'm finding series two a bit too far fetched. Episode 3 was ridiculous! I'll stick with it (nothing else to watch!) but not as good as the first series

I mentioned the short skirts last night!

ginny Tue 25-Aug-26 09:19:53

Didn’t watch this originally but have now seen the first series and following the current one.
I agree about the facial expressions and the way Anna Maxwell Martin is dressed.
I really like David Mitchell.

NotSpaghetti Tue 25-Aug-26 09:02:37

Has it been discussed at all?
I'm really thinking that she wasn't like this in the last series.

Magenta8 Tue 25-Aug-26 08:56:17

NotSpaghetti Yes, I noticed that and the white ankle socks. I know she still has a lovely figure and looks younger than she is but she is 49.*

*Am I being silly and old fashioned?

NotSpaghetti Tue 25-Aug-26 08:43:01

Why is she wearing such short skirts?
Have I missed something?