Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

New series of Portrait Artist of the Year

(3 Posts)
Graphite Thu 08-Oct-26 14:50:53

Thanks for the reminder LG. It’s repeated tonight so I’ll watch it then.

I thought Eva Langret made an excellent addition to the judging panel for the last series of Landscape so I shall look forward to hearing what Jonathan Yeo and Katy Hessel have to say too.

I did think Chloe Barnes portrait of Hannah Fry in last year’s PAOTY owed something to Yeo’s work with one colour dominating.

I can recommend. Hessel’s Story of Art without Men, similarly Kathleen Soriano’s Madam & Eve.

I shall miss the old judges but it’s probably time for a change after so many years.

An exciting line up of models and the prize to paint Damian Lewis for the National Portrait Gallery.

www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/portrait-artist-of-the-year-returns-to-sky-arts-with-an-all-new-judging-line-up-and-a-sensational-roster-of-celebrity-sitters-on-7-october

monk08 Thu 08-Oct-26 14:32:02

Thanks for reminder will let DH know new series has started I don't watch but he enjoys it.

Luckygirl3 Thu 08-Oct-26 14:03:42

Love the new judging panel .... they bring a freshness to it.