Robbie Williams

(19 Posts)
ninathenana Fri 06-Dec-13 21:02:38

Anyone else watch this just now ?

Loved it tchgrin

merlotgran Fri 06-Dec-13 21:04:42

We did, nina, Very entertaining.

coastwallker Fri 06-Dec-13 21:11:37

And me. Fabulous. I think he has matured so much since he became a dad, don't you. And was that really his Dad?

kittylester Fri 06-Dec-13 21:12:01

I thought it was awful - I'll get my coat.

Ana Fri 06-Dec-13 21:17:50

Never been a fan of his, so didn't watch it either!

LizG Fri 06-Dec-13 21:19:37

Only came upon it by accident but enjoyed what I saw. Mind you I can't believe 'if I only had a brain' was one of Robbie's favourite songs.

annodomini Fri 06-Dec-13 21:55:08

Nah! Was watching the programme about baby kangaroos. So cute.

kittylester Sat 07-Dec-13 07:27:17

Having said I thought it was awful, I do love his song to his daughter and also her name. tchsmile

Lona Sat 07-Dec-13 08:13:28

I love Robbie but I was slightly disappointed last night. I'm glad though to see how happy he is now and how much he's matured.

I think if he had singing lessons, then maybe his voice would have the same sort of individual sound that Frank Sinatra had, but he tends to shout sometimes, which is a shame.

Before any Frank fans jump on me.....I loved him too.

whenim64 Sat 07-Dec-13 08:28:35

I, too, love Robbie, but I don't want to see him doing these songs - it's the stadium rock and pop anthems, the strutting around the stage, and getting everyone joining in that I love about him. Some parts were enjoyable last night, especially when the audience were up on their feet, but Robbie in tails and singing swing is not for me.

PRINTMISS Sat 07-Dec-13 08:43:45

We watched, because I quite like his singing and enjoy the songs he now performs, however, I have no idea why he had to have Miss Piggy etc. on the show, ruined it for me. He has matured, and I think enjoys that sort of 'Sunday Night at the Palladium' atmosphere - probably gets that from his dad who was once a performer - that seemed to come through last night.

Humbertbear Sat 07-Dec-13 09:06:45

I'm not a fan but my daughter wanted to watch this. He doesn't do it for me at all but I loved the Muppets. The best part was when he talked about his daughter. He left me longing for the Sinatra / Fred Astaire originals.

gillybob Sat 07-Dec-13 09:43:20

Yes I watched the concert last night and thoroughly enjoyed it too ninathenana. I am a huge Robbie fan and have seen him in concert (with and without Take That) many times and he never disappoints. I bought the new CD on the day it was released and have never stopped playing it ! I think this style really suits him. tchsmile

ginny Sat 07-Dec-13 10:10:15

Saw about 20 minutes but I don't find him easy to watch. I do like his music but I don't rate his voice live.

Granny23 Sat 07-Dec-13 10:26:17

Humbert You might have enjoyed the show we went to last evening. It was 'The Rat Pack in Vegas' and featured 3 sound-a-likes (but not very look-a-likes) for Sammy Davis, Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra, with show dancers and a brilliant 10 piece band. I thought the Sammy Davis one was best and he could dance too, Dean Martin was excellent but the Frank Sinatra was disappointing. He sang well but didn't 'swing'. Always going to fall short imitating Sinatra, no one will every match him - I'm a HUGE fan. smile

glammanana Sat 07-Dec-13 11:14:28

We didn't watch it but I do like Robbie but not doing this type of music he seems to have jumped on the bandwagon with his "swingstyle" I think he is too old for his old type songs and has tried to find his way with "swing" and even though he can fill a venue twice over he does not do it for me.

Lona Sat 07-Dec-13 12:27:07

Granny23 my ds and dil went to see the 'Rat Pack' last week, and they were disappointed with 'Frank Sinatra' too.

Robbie has always loved 'swing style' as he was brought up with his dad singing Sinatra and similar music.
I think he picked mediocre songs last night.

kittylester Sat 07-Dec-13 14:39:24

Presumably the songs he did last night were mostly off his newest album which I agree were not good choices. I enjoyed his first swing album.

henetha Sat 07-Dec-13 16:48:57

Robbie Williams can sing anything and I'll enjoy it. I think he's wonderful.
smile