Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

channel5 Katherine, Duchess of Kents life.

(11 Posts)
lemsip Sat 08-May-21 21:04:21

Katherine Worsley married Duke of Kent....Life story on tv now

Callistemon Sat 08-May-21 21:47:01

I am watching.

She is such a beautiful woman both inside and out.
Someone to admire and an inspiration to others.

ixion Sat 08-May-21 21:51:08

Thank you for the heads up!
I am recording it on +1 for tomorrow

Minerva Sat 08-May-21 21:56:39

Such a lovely lady. I’m glad she was a friend to Diana.

Calendargirl Sat 08-May-21 22:05:01

Very interesting documentary. A real asset to the Royal Family.

How attractive she was, not surprising her daughter was such a beauty.

Grandmadinosaur Sun 09-May-21 20:15:08

A very enjoyable programme. I didn’t know a lot about her early life so I found it fascinating. Lovely to see how she was friends and a support to Diana.

threexnanny Sun 09-May-21 20:25:49

Interesting to hear what really did happen when she took a step back. Lovely lady.

Anniebach Sun 09-May-21 20:26:56

I met her several times, she was a lovely woman, very caring , they didn’t mention during strikes in London she volunteered
with ‘meals on wheels’, the press had respect for her and it didn’t make the papers.

EllanVannin Sun 09-May-21 22:13:50

A lovely lady. I enjoyed the programme and have watched Royalty programmes on Ch5 for weeks now and look forward to them every Saturday night.

grannyactivist Sun 09-May-21 22:49:19

I met the Duchess of Kent when my daughter was just about six months old. The Duchess stopped to chat with me and commented on the knitted poncho my baby was wearing when suddenly the little one reached out to her, almost falling out of my arms. My baby was very shy of strangers at the time, so I was quite shocked, but the Duchess was very sweet with her. I was lucky that a photographer recorded the moment (in black and white!) and it’s always been a favourite photo of my daughter’s.

rubysong Sun 09-May-21 23:25:23

I was in York on a school trip the day after her wedding. There were lovely floral decorations everywhere. Sorry I missed the programme, I'll see if I can find it on catch up.