Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Victorian Farm on Amazon Prime

(7 Posts)
travelsafar Sun 18-Jul-21 09:18:26

Watched this yesterday, fasinating program. How hard they all worked in those days, no wonder they didnt have to worry about diets, exercising etc it was just part of their lifestyle. If you are interested in history give this a try.smile

Redhead56 Sun 18-Jul-21 09:27:58

Is it the series with Ruth Goodman Alex Langland and Peter Ginn. I watched their series on tv some years ago. They did a few other series too and they were very interesting to watch. Tales from the Green Valley their first one Victorian farm Christmas and Edwardian farm.

Deedaa Tue 20-Jul-21 19:06:08

Ir it's the Ruth Goodman one it's very good. The Tudor Farm series was particularly interesting.

Chestnut Fri 30-Jul-21 13:51:44

They are all excellent especially if you had farming ancestors and can relate to the background. My family ran a farm similar to Victorian Farm and then Edwardian farm so I was fascinated! All three of them are so cheery and willing, nothing is ever too much effort. They just get on with it, no matter how back breaking the task. I really admire those three, I would be throwing in the towel and saying 'this is all too much!' ?‍♀️
My favourite character was the shire horse Clumper. Gorgeous!

fiorentina51 Fri 30-Jul-21 14:22:08

The Victorian Farm was filmed at Acton Scott Working Farm in Shropshire. It's a fascinating place. We took our children there years ago and took our grandchildren last year.
It's part of a large estate owned by the same family for around 900 years.

Chestnut Fri 30-Jul-21 15:24:48

It is very similar to my great grandparents' farm which is now run as a caravan site. Here are the three stalwarts with Clumper. His real name was Charlie and he died last year ?
Charlie Dies

Fennel Fri 30-Jul-21 17:27:35

We watched that series too, a few years ago. I think the one on Wartime farm was my favourite. I'm a bit obsessed by WW2.
And I loved the border collie dog - can't remember his name but he was real character.