Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Intouchables

(4 Posts)
Zoejory Tue 22-Mar-22 22:29:43

Just watched this film on Netflix. By accident. I was flicking. through the thousands and thousands of choices, not finding a thing I fancied.

For some reason I clicked on this one and then silently groaned when it was French with subtitles. I'm quite capable and often enjoy subtitles films but wasn't in the mood.

Anyway, laziness set in, I couldn't be bothered to look for anything else and boy was I pleased.

One of. the best films I've seen for a long while. A little gem. Moments of comedy, sadness, interest. It was just fabulous.

And based on a true story as well. Excellent film smile

Heathermomo Sat 28-May-22 12:36:20

I watched that film as well, my daughters recommended it but for some reason I thought it was a crime thriller (untouchables maybe) Needless to say when I eventually did watch it I was thrilled!. That first scene where they are in the car and the police get involved was a scream! I enjoyed it so much I went back and watched it again shortly afterwards.
Brilliant, brilliant film, and one you feel better for having watched.

GagaJo Sat 28-May-22 12:59:38

Yes, watched it several times, the first many years ago. Lovely film.

TerriBull Sun 29-May-22 09:01:06

Thanks for the recommendation, I enjoy a good French film. I seem to spend longer flicking through the listings on both Netflix and Prime than I do actually viewing, often starting a series only to abandon them down the line when they've lost their initial appeal. Good films I haven't seen before are hard to find, this one sounds ideal.