Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Ordinary Love, the film.

(5 Posts)
grannydarkhair Mon 23-May-22 16:43:25

It’s on iPlayer just now, stars Lesley Manville and Liam Neeson. Wonderful performances by them both. I watched it last night and loved it. She gets breast cancer and it’s about how they both cope with that.

Kate1949 Tue 24-May-22 10:57:49

Thank you grannydarkhair I've recorded this. I look forward to watching it.

Jane43 Tue 24-May-22 18:27:11

I watched this a while ago, very good film and a very different role for Liam Neeson.

Redhead56 Tue 24-May-22 20:05:01

I enjoyed it the characters played by wonderful actors and a sensitive film. It made me emotional as two of my friends both had breast cancer.
It was a frightening time for them both. One of the friends worked with me over thirty five years ago. We stayed in touch and often met up. She lost her fight with it after three years of treatment. It broke my heart I still think about her she was lovely.
My other friend had her treatment before lockdown she is still having checkups. It does bring it home to you how fragile life is.

grannydarkhair Tue 24-May-22 21:51:17

Jane43 Yes, he’s better known nowadays for his action type roles which I think is a shame. I’ve always enjoyed him on-screen, the stand outs for me being Ethan Frome and Schindler’s List.
Redhead56 I worked in care for 27+ years, two of my service users and my oldest brothers ex-wife all died within five years from secondary cancers after having differing treatments for their initial breast cancer.
I googled - 1 in 7 women in the UK will develop it and as from last year, it’s the most common cancer in the UK, the USA and indeed globally. And yet, I know women who won’t go for a mammogram and who don’t check their own breasts.