Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Secrets She Keeps

(25 Posts)
Auntieflo Wed 10-Aug-22 14:47:28

I see that series 2 is beginning on BBC1, on Saturday.

We didn't watch series 1, is it worth watching on Iplayer?

GrandmasueUK Wed 10-Aug-22 19:52:56

I really enjoyed it and I’m now wondering if I should watch it again, just in case the second series follows on.

Calendargirl Sun 14-Aug-22 07:34:40

I was going to watch it, but felt really tired so went to bed before it began.

I shall watch it later. I started a thread about the original series which was on a couple of years ago, and it reminded me of the plot, which I had forgotten. Judging by the various comments, it was rather far fetched, but most of us stuck with it.

I think on the whole though, most of us thought a second series wasn’t necessary.

tanith Sun 14-Aug-22 08:06:16

I watched ten minutes but it didn’t grab me I watched something on Netflix instead.

merlotgran Sun 14-Aug-22 08:11:56

I’m going to have to watch series1 again. I couldn’t remember a blooming thing!

MerylStreep Sun 14-Aug-22 08:12:47

Auntieflo
I’m on episode 6 of series 2. Series 1 was absolutely brilliant, you should really watch it.

Grandmadinosaur Sun 14-Aug-22 08:14:55

I didn’t realise it was a second series I thought it was a repeat of the first one. Will watch it on catch up.

MerylStreep Sun 14-Aug-22 08:20:56

Merlotgran
Because I’m hunkered down out of the heat, I watched series 1 over again.
There’s not many benefits of getting older but this is one of them: watching again good film etc that you’ve forgotten ?

glammanana Sun 14-Aug-22 08:38:21

I thought it was a new series I didn't realise series 1 had already been on,I watched last nights episode so will have to watch series 1 before next episode in series 2 is shown .

merlotgran Sun 14-Aug-22 09:10:03

Also escaping the heat yesterday afternoon, I stumbled across The Inn of The Sixth Happiness on some far flung drama channel.

It has always been one of my favourite films so was an unexpected treat.

MerylStreep Sun 14-Aug-22 09:18:43

Oh Merlot I love that film.
I’d seen the film when I was a little girl. Gladys Aylward visited our Sunday school. So disappointed ? she was a tiny little thing and I was expecting Ingrid Bergman.

HowVeryDareYou Sun 14-Aug-22 10:25:13

I've just watched the first few episodes of series one. I liked it and will carry on watching it tonight.

Witzend Sun 14-Aug-22 10:33:05

merlotgran

Also escaping the heat yesterday afternoon, I stumbled across The Inn of The Sixth Happiness on some far flung drama channel.

It has always been one of my favourite films so was an unexpected treat.

I don’t know how on earth they managed it, but my grammar school arranged a visit by Gladys Aylward - I can still see her on the platform at morning assembly with one of her little Chinese orphans. This was in the 60s.

MerylStreep Sun 14-Aug-22 12:09:25

I’ve finished watching it all now.
Very thought provoking.

Auntieflo Sun 14-Aug-22 12:10:57

Apologies for not coming back earlier.
I did binge watch the first series and thoroughly enjoyed it, although a bit predictable.
I have set up the recorder to record the second series, and shall probably watch in big bite sizes.

MerylStreep Sun 14-Aug-22 13:36:47

Auntieflow
It’s on iplayer now.

Shirley48 Tue 16-Aug-22 21:33:23

I’ve watched 2 of the 6 episodes of series 2 - interesting plot lines! It’s not dull!

HowVeryDareYou Wed 17-Aug-22 18:38:19

I've just finished watching the last of it on BBC iPlayer. Very good, lots of twists to the story

Shirley48 Wed 17-Aug-22 18:59:15

Not been very well today, so hunkered down in bed - binge-watched the rest of this. Excellent, dramatic ending!! Another series?!

Sar53 Wed 17-Aug-22 20:46:53

I finished watching it yesterday and did wonder about a third series. I enjoyed it.

Chestnut Thu 18-Aug-22 10:05:04

I realised this was Series 2 so have started watching Series 1 on iPlayer and am really enjoying it. It's a bit different and the plot is interesting (always important to me). I will definitely watch all the way through.

Jane43 Thu 18-Aug-22 14:18:41

merlotgran

I’m going to have to watch series1 again. I couldn’t remember a blooming thing!

I was like that with Sanditon. I started to watch series two and realized I couldn’t remember much about series one so I watched it again before continuing with series two.

Chestnut Thu 18-Aug-22 15:25:36

Jane43 Same for me re Sanditon, but I really couldn't stand to watch it again so I just winged it and managed to pick it up again. I'm finding it only just entertaining enough to watch once but certainly not twice.

Pittcity Tue 23-Aug-22 22:00:37

Just finished series 2. Thought the ending was just lazy writing but it does leave things open for another series.
I did get confused when the sports reporter was played by a different actor.
A lot of the story was implausible but it was very watchable like a lot of Australian series.

Auntieflo Wed 24-Aug-22 08:55:18

Thank you Pittcity. I had wondered whether the sports reporter chappie was being played by a different actor, but was too lazy to look up cast details.
I've watched two episodes if series 2, and am not sure whether to bother with the rest.