Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Maudie.

(3 Posts)
Calendargirl Fri 31-Mar-23 07:41:09

Watched this documentary last night about actor Jason Watkins and his wife Clara, talking about the loss of their little daughter Maudie, who died very suddenly of sepsis, when 2.5 years old, on New Year’s Day, 2011.

They were moving house from where Maudie had been born, and died.

It was very poignant and moving. Both their shared grief, and how they have dealt with it in their own ways.

So sad, but the move illustrated how they felt it was the right time to speak more about it.

Kim19 Fri 31-Mar-23 08:35:39

A very moving and informative but of tv. My huge bit of joy is that they have two other children. This will not reduce their grief ever but will certainly help to distract them on a daily basis. Such core misery never leaves us. Unfortunately, I know.

Washerwoman Fri 31-Mar-23 09:13:36

It was very moving.So sorry to hear of your grief Kim.Our DD had sepsis when her youngest was still breastfeeding. It was shocking how quickly she deteriorated. Very, very fortunately she got admitted and treated promptly and fully recovered but for a long time after she was anxious and had health anxiety. Coming so close to leaving behind her children.I don't mind admitting last nights programme made me cry.